𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟻

𝑻𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒃𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆’𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅.

OMNISCIENT

Salim struggled to open his eyes the next morning. Each inch wider he opened, the more forceful the bang of his headache came.  With his eyes closed, he threw aside his blanket and walked out of bed. He knew where he usually kept his drugs in his bedroom. His wardrobe.

As he stretched his hands to where he thought his wardrobe was, his hands came in contact with a wall. Funny, he was almost sure his wardrobe was here.

As he opened his eyes to correctly navigate his room, he was momentarily stunned. Instead of his usual louis blue and black shade room were stark white walls and a light brown bed with white sheets.

It was then all the painful memories of the night before came flooding back, including that he was the idiot that had accidentally sold his father's multi-million naira company. And that he had spent the night at one of Faisal's hotels.

A knock on the door pulled him from his reverie. The cleaner was surprised to see a man in the haggard remnants of a suit open the door.

"Good morning sir." She adjusted the broom in her hand. "It's 8am, I'm here to clean the room."

"Oh." He said with realization, then stepped aside.

"Um, by the way. Is there any way I can get paracetamol, I have a headache." He asked her.

"Oh yes sir." The woman chimed. "You can call for it downstairs on the intercom."

"Intercom?" He asked. He hadn't seen anything of the sort since he came, although the memories of him coming here in the first place were fuzzy.

She pointed to a circuit on the wall. "There sir."

"Oh."

After she left, he ordered a hearty breakfast, the memories of last night fully revealing themselves as he ate.

What had intended to be a magical night ended in no more than a tragic one. He completely thought of Nasreen now in renewed wonder, it was as if he had been stumbled on this secret location and discovered Nasreen was living a double life.
The somewhat ordinary life she lived with him bore no resemblance to the one he had encountered yesterday, and he had no idea how to reconcile the two. A 50% shareholder for crying out loud.

Now that he thought about it, there had always been a certain edge to Nasreen. He remembered how she would spend large amounts of money that greatly superseded her doctor salary yet would be unfazed by it. It all dialed down to the fact that she had such large amounts of shares in her hold, and probably millions in assets too. With that reasoning, she could spend her doctor salary times 300 and still not be affected.