Chapter Eighteen

Morris stumbled into the house with two bottles of Smirnoff Vodka and took a swig from the open one in his right arm.

"Sage? Letoya?" He called out as he pushed the door shut with his foot.

The lights were off and he placed the bottles on the counter before fumbling with the switch by the door. The kitchen and lounge lit up, blinding him momentarily.

"Sage?" He called out again but was met with silence.

"They're out again," he said to himself and picked his bottles up then headed to the lounge. He flopped onto the sofa and reached for the remote.

After turning on the television set, he laid back onto the couch and cuddled the half empty bottle.

"Nicole fucks me over then wants me back," he slurred, "She must be out of her mind," he shook his head then took a gulp from the bottle.

"I'm a good man, what did I do to deserve this?" He looked up, "Why Lord?"

His head fell and his shoulders jerked up and down as he cried, for his wife's passing more than anything. He was lonely, and hurt all over again.

His body toppled to the side and he laid there crying.

Morris felt like a weak man.

...

"Do you think we're wrong for not telling Sage about what Ashley did?" Letoya asked.

"It's in the past, doubt it matters now," Trisha said.

They were at Trisha's place and Letoya was doing box braids on her friend's hair.

"But she's over at Ashley's and I have an unsettled feeling," Letoya admitted.

Trisha shrugged her shoulders, "What could Ashley do to Sage, she's practically obsessed, the most she'd do is jump around her like a kid on a sugar high."

Letoya gave a short hum before changing the subject, "So what's up with you and Aiden?"

Trisha rolled her eyes, "I asked him about Ashley and his eyes almost popped out of his sockets," she giggled.

"Why?"

"He said he had a one night stand with her and ran away because she wasn't well, I think mentally," Trisha said.

"Well I don't blame him, but what if he runs away from you after you give up the cookie?" Letoya asked.

"He assured me he ain't that typa guy, he had wanted a relationship with Ashley but there were too many red flags for him to pursue her," she shrugged her shoulders again.

"So you're giving him a chance?" Letoya smiled.

"Uhuh, I don't have much to lose," Trisha said, "We'll take things slow and see where that takes us."

"Finally bitch! Damn, that coochie must have spider webs and shit," Letoya laughed.

"And it will stay that way til I'm sure I wanna throw my ass back for A," Trisha said.

"A huh?" Letoya teased, "My girl growing up, I'm so proud," she added.

"Shut your mouth, I'm older than you," Trisha retaliated.

"By some months, shit don't count," Letoya pulled the braid she was busy with.

"Ow, okay, you ain't have to pull on my scalp," Trisha said as she held the root of that braid.

...

Ashley and Sage were seated on the white couches in Ashley's lounge, stuffed with the pizza they had ordered earlier.