Chapter Forty Three

Chelsea and Sage walked into their first store at a mall which was a luxurious baby clothing shop.

Junior had dropped them off willingly, running away from shopping with a female. He was warned against it especially if he wanted to keep his sanity.

Both girls fell in love immediately, the ambience was welcoming and everything looked beautiful including the set up in the store.

"I don't think I saved up that much," Chelsea whispered to Sage who was beside her.

Sage giggled, "Let's just check it out," she shrugged.

They walked further in, looking for newborn babies section.

A slim tall Caucasian lady approached them wearing light jeans and what seemed to be the store's uniform top, "Good day, my name is Heidi, may I assist," she smiled sweetly.

"We're looking for the newborn's section," Sage said.

"Please follow me," Heidi said then turned to walk further back into the big store.

Heidi left them by the section to shop around and Sage was grabbing everything.

"Look at this," she drew out holding a black tiny long sleeved romper with the words 'drunk on momma's milk'.

Chelsea laughed and stared at it, "That is cute, how much?"

Sage searched for the prize tag and showed it to Chelsea.

Chelsea popped her eyes out, "Let's find another store please," she turned around with the intention of leaving.

"Wait," Sage put the romper back, "Let's have a look around," she suggested.

"No, I don't even want to do that," Chelsea faced her, "These things are expensive," she whispered.

"Are you ladies doing fine?" Heidi asked, appearing from nowhere.

"Yes we are, we were just leaving," Chelsea told her and held Sage's hand.

"Oh! Didn't find anything to your liking?" Heidi asked behind them.

Sage looked behind her whilst being dragged out, "I'll be back," she assured and Heidi smiled then watched as the friends exited the store.

"Let's find a store I can afford," Chelsea said, letting go of Sage's hand and fixing her slung bag.

Sage rolled her eyes, "That was rather dramatic," she said, cradling her tummy.

"I know you would've never left that store if I didn't pull you out," Chelsea looked at her knowingly.

"That's the old me," Sage tried to argue but her voice and facial expression betrayed her.

"Right," Chelsea said laughing.

They walked slowly, looking around the huge mall when Chelsea peered at Sage, "I've been meaning to ask, what is up with you and Letoya?" She watched as Sage's relaxed look was replaced with irritation.

With a sigh Sage explained what she had heard, how her stepsister and friend had behaved after her return which further proved that Letoya and Trisha were guilty.

Chelsea listened intently then stopped, causing Sage to do the same, "That is messed up, I'd be mad as well but I feel you should confront them, at least Letoya seeing as you live with her," she said.

Sage scrunched her face up, "I don't want to," she stated.

"Look at how the mention of their names affects you," Chelsea motioned to her, "You might think it'll go away if you just ignore this and them but truth of the matter is its affecting you more than you'd like to believe-"