Chapter Thirty Three

Sage sat on the stairs for break, she had arrived first and was almost done with her seventh wing. Cravings got the best of her and Junior always took care of that no matter how far apart they were.

She looked up from her food and saw Letoya and Trisha near her.

"Hey sis," Letoya greeted and sat down.

Trisha did the same.

"Y'all took long enough," Sage commented.

"Just ten minutes," Trisha said with a giggle.

"What are you having?" Letoya asked opening a pack of Cheetos.

"Wings," Sage said before biting into her last.

"Fat ass," Letoya said and received a glare from Sage. She lifted her hands in surrender, "Just kidding."

Awkward silence took over.

Ever since her return four days back, Sage noticed that things weren't the same. Letoya and Trisha seemed to be careful around her and she disliked it.

"Okay," Sage sighed and discarded her empty container to the side before grabbing an orange juice, "Y'all have been weird ever since I got back to school, what's up?"

Letoya and Trisha shared a look.

"We're just happy you're back," Letoya spoke up.

"We thought we lost you," Trisha added.

After her sip, Sage closed the bottle, "I'm glad to be out of there and far away from Ashley," she cradled her stomach as her babies moved around, "I should've listened to you guys with regards to Ashley hey," she said.

Letoya and Trisha didn't look back at Sage.

"I went through so much because of misplaced trust," she proceeded, "I should've listened."

Trisha cleared her throat, "That's in the past, lets not dwell on that," she said.

"Yeah, what matters is you're alive and healthy, you and my nephews," Letoya smiled.

"Yeah," Sage smiled as well looking down at her stomach then back at the two sitting below her, "I wanted to thank y'all for being here for me, I wouldn't be able to go through all this alone," she said softly.

"You don't need to thank us sis, we got your back," Letoya said and Trisha gave a short hum in agreement.

"Anyways, how are you and Wes? I need to thank him for coming out there," Sage said.

Letoya rolled her eyes, "We're not together anymore," she said.

"What? Why?" Sage rushed out.

"We saw things differently," Letoya shrugged.

Trisha scoffed and looked down at her feet, "Right," she mumbled.

Letoya side eyed her.

"That's bad, you guys were perfect together," Sage said.

"Yeah," Letoya said with a hint of sarcasm, "Let's leave that, do y'all think Ashley will return to school?"

"Knowing her, she could pop up right now on some 'hey' as if nothing happened," Sage said.

"She wouldn't dare, she should be behind bars for what she did," Trisha spoke.

"I think she needs a psych ward, she is mentally sick," Sage said with a chuckle.

She didn't hold a grudge against Ashley but took their relationship as a lesson learnt. She had more important things to focus on like school and her pregnancy.