Chapter Thirty Six

"There is something we haven't spoken about," Junior started looking at Sage as he rubbed oil on her stomach.

Sage lifted her eyes to meet his, "Mmh."

Junior squirted more oil onto his hands then proceeded with what he was doing, "My dad."

Sage opened her eyes that had closed due to the comfort she felt at that moment and focused on Junior, "What is there to discuss? I grew up knowing he was my father only to find out later on that he isn't, which makes me happy because he was awful but gave me such a great man," she smiled at the end.

Junior smirked, "So you're not leaving me cause of the relations?" He stopped the circular movement on her tummy.

"No," Sage said, "We're not related whatsoever."

Junior gave a short hum, relieved to hear his girlfriend say that, "I wasn't going to let you anyway," he chuckled.

Sage quirked an eyebrow up, "Oh really? I could leave right now you know," she said daringly.

"How far do you think you'll get with the way you walk?"

Sage glared at him then smacked his arm, "I hate you," she whined.

Junior laughed, "I love you too sister."

Sage gave him a deadly look.

Junior carried on laughing out loud before he said, "I'm only playing with you Ma."

Sage closed her eyes and reached for his one hand then imatated a circle on her belly, "Carry on, if you know what's good for you."

Junior chuckled and rubbed her stomach.

Sage opened her eyes and glanced at her boyfriend, "Why didn't you tell me about you and Ashley?"

"What do you mean?" Junior asked absent-mindedly.

"That you almost had a kid with her," she blurted out.

"What?!" Junior stopped the movement on her belly, "I had no kid with her," he spat out.

"That's what she told me," Sage shrugged.

Junior sighed and looked at Sage in the eye, "I ain't proud to say what I'm about to say but she raped me," he said.

Sage looked shocked, "What?"

"She spiked my drink and pleased herself, I thought it was Tr-, my then girlfriend only to find out it was her. She didn't tell me she fell pregnant, I didnt give her the time of day."

Sage went quiet, her thoughts running. She questioned who Ashley really was and what she was capable of.

"That bitch," she clenched her fists, anger arousing.

"It's in the past Ma," Junior held her little fists, "And hopefully she's out of our lives for good," he added.

Sage nodded her head and gave a low hum in agreement.

Junior watched her close her eyes, "I love you, do you know that?"

"I know babe and I love you too," she responded without opening her eyes.

"You sleepy?"

"No," Sage lied, "I'm just enjoying the massage that stopped."

"Right," Junior smiled and placed his hands on her belly.

He was glad they were able to talk out their differences, even though it was external factors that served as problems. He was skeptical about bringing up his father but the outcome gave him peace.

He watched as her breathing evened out and her face relaxed more and he kissed her forehead before covering her with a small blanket.

"I love you Sage," he reiterated and left her to rest.

...

Nicole had laid Brian to rest, alone.

There was no ceremony, just a quick burial.

She hated her husband, for all he hid from her but his death brought some sadness.

She reached the huge house after a meeting with their lawyer and released a sigh.

Walking up the stairs, she felt loneliness creep up on her.

The staff had been on leave until further notice as she wanted no disruptions during her mourning period but she decided she'd let them go as she had other plans for her life.

A will read to her stated he left everything in her name, the house and his millions.

It was a happy ending for her, she thought as she removed her high black pointy shoes in her room.

The first thing she'd do is sell the house, she wouldn't be able to live in it by her own. Then she'd travel the world, a dream she always had.

Plopping on the bed, she let her hair loose from its bun and ruffled it.

"I should cut my hair," she mumbled.

Change was inevitable, life wasn't the same.

She got up to remove her clothes for a shower.

Smiling as she hummed a random tune, she thought of the new chapter she's headed into, one that made her happy for a change.

...

"I miss my boo," Letoya pouted as she stretched out on Trisha's bed.

"What boo? Last I checked you were single," Trisha said, buffing her nails, "I need to get my nails done," she said to herself.

Letoya rolled her eyes, "Wes," she said.

Trisha looked at her and scoffed, "Sis, you let him go, that's all on you," she spoke.

"I was just mad, he shouldn't have taken me serious," she grabbed a fluffy cushion and laid her head on it with her legs swinging high behind her.

"Mad cause he was helping a friend out? Your sister," Trisha pointed at her with the buffer, "That's stupid."

"Excuse me?" Letoya lifted her head and faced Trisha.

"Imma tell it like it is," Trisha said side eyeing her, "Wes is one of the good ones but your selfish ass too blind to see."

"Where is this coming from? Thought you were on my side?" Letoya sat up, feeling attacked.

Trisha put her hands down and returned Letoya's glance, "I am on your side but not when you're in the wrong. What kinda friend would I be to let you believe your reasoning was valid?"

Letoya sighed, feeling Trisha was right, "How do I fix it?"

Trisha returned to her nails, "You know your man, you know which buttons to press," she said.

"But he won't even take my calls," Letoya whined.

"Do whatever it takes, get to him somehow," Trisha advised, "If it is you really want him back."

Letoya took in her friend's words and concluded on doing just that, whatever it took.

She felt guilty for giving him an ultimatum when all he was doing was assisting.

She wanted to rekindle her relationship with Wes, she missed him.

...

A/N: I read over this book and my word, the errors! I will correct them once I'm done with the book. It ain't right!

Hope you're still enjoying it though! ᦔꪜ