Chapter Fifty

JP peered at Brandi once again, for the fifth time in that minute. He was worried about her well-being, especially after what had happened, two months back.

Her calm demeanor made it worse and he refused to take her word for it.

"If you don't stop staring at me, I might have to shoot you," Brandi said with a little giggle. Her attention was on the phone in her hand but she noticed the looks JP gave her.

JP chuckled, "Don't play like that, but..." he swerved into the drive thru to KFC.

Brandi sighed and put her phone down, "Baby, I'm okay, honestly."

JP slowed down behind a car that was by the ordering point then looked at Brandi, "You killed someone, for the first time ever. I'd expect you to be a wreck," he admitted.

"I'm a bad bitch," she sang out.

They laughed.

"But I feel a bit of relief that she was a horrible person, after the story Sage told me, she is best dead," Brandi said.

"I feel you," JP responded and moved the car forward to place their orders.

He had recovered from the minor concussion he received from the shovel that knocked him out that day with just spending a little over a week in hospital.

JP had told Brandi of his involvement with Ashley and after some time to herself, she moved past it. Concluding their relationship as non valid in her books.

She liked JP, a lot and with what they've been through, she knew she didn't want to lose him any time soon hence they grew closer.

The first week was a bit tough on Brandi though, as she was still under shock but she soon felt better to later get over it when Junior, JP and Sage told her about Ashley.

She couldn't believe she had befriended someone like her, and that she was used. Anger lingered for weeks on that part.

As for everybody else tied to Ashley, they felt lighter, as though they could go on with their lives peacefully, which had been the case lately.

JP was leaving the fast food place after receiving their food when Brandi's phone interrupted her thoughts as the ringtone blasted. She swiped her thumb across the screen and put it to her ear.

"B, we're coming that side tonight, I hope you still can accommodate three of us," Chelsea spoke above the ruffling in the background.

"Yeah, we'll make do with my bachelor flat," Brandi laughed.

"Awesome, is everything else set?"

"Yeah, Junior will take her out tomorrow morning, we'll have access to his place then," Brandi spoke.

"Okay," Chelsea let out a huge breath, "I guess I'll see you later," she said.

"Later," Brandi responded and they hung up.

"What will I do by myself tomorrow?" JP mocked a whine which caused Brandi to laugh out loud.

"You're going to be my errand boy," she said.

"Wow, I feel special," he commented as he parked the car in his driveway.

"It's the least you could do," Brandi shrugged.

"Naa, of course imma help my baby," he leaned in to kiss her.

"You have no choice," Brandi said against his lips.

...

"Have you noticed that Sage has been acting funny?" Letoya asked Trisha as they walked down an isle in a baby shop.