thirty

OCTOBER 29TH 2019!
11:30 AM!

AFTER THAT COSTUME PARTYNIGHT,

NIGHT,

i had stayed low, staying at april's
apartment and calling out sick for the
past two days.

i knew i'd have to go in soon but i
needed a few days to get myself
back together before i went back
to work.

"we aren't watching another
episode of criminal minds bristol
fay. i swear to god if i have to see
spencer reid's face again on my tv
today i am going to loose it."april told
me getting up to go grab some of the
pizza we had ordered last night for dinner.

"what about tree hill?"i asked, and she
rolled her eyes before nodding.

a knock on the door made april
hand me the pizza before her cat
juju came up begging for some cheese.

"look ive already given you enough
the past two days i've been here. if
i give you more your mama is gonna
kill me."i told her before she curled up
in my lap.

i heard footsteps come towards her living
room, and i looked up seeing april's twin
and matt standing there.

"hi guys,"i gave them a small smile, and
they smiled seeing that i was somewhat okay.

they sat down after giving me a hug, and abby plopped down stealing the pizza from me.

i paused the tree hill episode, considering it was one of my favorites, and turned my attention towards them.

"howd practice go this morning?"i asked, and
they shrugged.

"we missed you."matt told me, and i gave him a smile.

"i'll be back for tomorrow's game."i told him, and i saw a wide smile spread across their faces.

"are you okay?"charlie asked and i nodded.

"i needed to take a few days off to deal with some stuff but i'm fine."i explained, going to netflix and putting on criminal minds again.

"oh fuck that!"april snatched the remote out of my hand, turning it off before we fought over the remote.

"why don't you want to watch criminal minds?" matt asked laughing as april won the fight and she glared at me.

"we've literally gone through three seasons in the past two days. no more"she told matt, and i pouted.

we sat in silence for awhile before charlie's phone started ringing and he left the room to answer it.

"i lied to jd about how the court date went."i brought up, fiddling with my fingers, "that's why i've been avoiding him mostly the past two days."

"do you wanna talk about it?"matt asked and i shook my head no.

"i'd rather not. i've cried too much over it
the past two days."i frowned, and turned back on the tv to ignore any attempt of a conversation.

"there's someone who wants to talk to you."
charlie announced, handing me his phone,
and i furrowed my eyebrows.

"hello?"i asked, honestly confused on why
charlie would give me his phone.

"hey."

i glared at charlie, and he slowly backed
away, knowing damn well i was gonna kill him.

i hung up the phone before handing it to matt and going into a stare down with charlie.

"charlie i'm telling you this now. run."april stated, and charlie ran straight out april's apartment.

i got up, wincing as all my bones cracked - especially my knee, and walked into the guest room.

i sat there for awhile, just thinking about how i was supposed to tell jd about what had happened, why i had left that night and never said a word, and why i had hung up.

i lied down, letting the thoughts consume me as i slowly slipped in and out of consciousness.

i had to tell him soon.

A FEW HOURS LATER,

i woke up to jumping on my bed,
and i jumped up in fright.

i soon calmed down as i saw brodie
giving me kisses and jumping on me.

"charlie said he's your problem til the morning."
april stated grinning as she leaned up against the door frame, and brodie laid down next to me, as i gave him a massive hug.

"have you not been a good boy?"i asked as i gave him all my attention, and he gave me a doggie kiss.

"so, you realize that means you're coming to work with me tomorrow right?"i rose an eyebrow at brodie, and he jumped up.

"brodie no!"i laughed, "not now morning!"

he sat back down, and april shook her head.

"i think i should get a dog."i stated simply, and april rose an eyebrow at me.

"who would take care of this said dog when you're gone on road trips?"april questioned, and i gave her a shit eating grin.

she dramatically flung herself onto the bed, scoffing at me,

"the things i do for you!"