DAYLIGHT.

APRIL 18TH, 2020
BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS

LOOKING OUT AT THE ALMOST EMPTY STREETS OF BOSTON,

it was something i had never seen in my life until now, sitting on the roof of jake's apartment, and the two of us overlooking the city.

covid had completely stopped the nhl's season, putting it on pause and the city of boston along with the state of massachusetts was on lockdown, causing everyone to stay home.

and i decided to quarantine with jake.

it had been over five months since that night in december, and i had never been happier in my life.

looking up at my boyfriend, i saw him smiling as he took a photo of the sunset, before putting his phone away and looking down at me.

"you okay?"he asked, brushing some of the stray blonde hairs out of my face, and i smiled nodding.

"yeah,"i told him, looking back out towards the empty city, "i'm great."

he kissed the top of my head before looking towards my view, where i could see the boston commons.

it wasn't exactly the spot where we were, but it was close enough to make me smile, and he knew it.

i could hear both of our phones going off from the side, making me furrow my eyebrows as jake passed my phone to me.

i immediately rolled my eyes seeing charlie was yet again yelling in the team group chat about something i couldn't even tell you about.

IMESSAGE!

GROUPCHAT!
BOSTON BRUINS 19'-2020'

charlie
NO BECAZSE IM
RIGHT AND YOURE WRONG

bristol
charlie for the love of god
SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE

charlie
NO STOP CRYING OVER
BROOKE DAVIS 10 TIMES
A DAY

bristol
this is not attack on bristol
day charles.

cc13
LMAOOO

JAKE LET OUT A CHUCKLE,

before locking his phone and putting it back towards the side, and shook his head slightly.

"you really like to bully him dont you?"he questioned, and i threw my head back laughing like a little kid.

"of course i do!"

it was silent for a few moments before i looked back up at him, with a goofy grin on my face.