seven

JAKE DEBRUSK POINT OF VIEW

                 "HOW IS SHE?"

                 "HOW IS SHE?"

"Tyler said she's fine, they sedated her a little while ago so they could do some tests on her, and to let her sleep."Brad explained, and I let my head drop in between my knees.

None of the guys liked the guy who she was with, he treated her like crap, but she wouldn't tell us anything, and now she's in the hospital because of him.

"Is Cam there with her?"Charlie asked, and Brad nodded, "Her mom is too, Ava and Jack don't know yet, Jack's at work and Ava's at school."

"Tyler sent a video earlier of Bristol before she was sedated, yelled at us to win, or she'd beat us up once she got better."Brad relayed the message, before Matt spoke up, "Sounds like our Bristol."

that made everyone in the room either chuckle, or smile. That was our Bristol, and we all missed her this week, and we will until she comes back.

As much as we annoyed each other, I cared for her and was worried about her, even if Brad said she was ok.

We had to win tonight and we had to win for her.

————

"GOD DAMN IT!"

I slammed my stick into the door frame as we walked back into the locker room, after our 4-2 loss against detroit.

I was pissed beyond belief at myself of the way I played, with and we let three goals in the third period and couldn't catch back up.

We were supposed to win for Bristol and we didn't, and I didn't even help with any of it.

I sat down in my cubby, with my head in my hands, when all I wanted to do was chuck my helmet across the room.

I drowned out what coach Cassidy was saying, focusing on what I could've done better tonight.

and then my mind drifted to Bristol like it usually did.

I loved her and I knew it

but I refused to admit it.

and never will.

————

i'm stupid there you go