39.

Sophie smacked her hand on my cheek, jolting me awake. I looked at the time on my phone. 5.47am.

Fuck. I slowly moved her hand back over her side of the bed, getting out of bed to pee. She'd come over in tears, now aware of Eleanor's meddlesome behaviour that had caused her split with Alex. She had truly loved him, and all this while, they had been tiptoeing around each other because of one fabricated lie. Alex had gone with the team to a neighbouring state for a football game, and Sophie knew she shouldn't be talking to him before an important match. It was a qualifier, and he needed to be at his best.

So we sat and watched Titanic, and we cried like babies over what our hearts wanted. Then we watched another movie and then another. My laptop was still playing the closing credits from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I shut the screen, checking the notifications on my phone.

Finn had travelled with the boys, and he informed me that they had won, qualifying into the finals next week. I congratulated Daniel and Alex while I was peeing and then went back to bed, snuggling up with the heavy blanket. Winters always called for heavy quilts, and I would always burrito myself into the warmth.

Sleep refused to come. My mind was still obsessed with every single moment I shared with Noah, often landing in his room. Our first kiss in the greenhouse, the gingerness in his touch followed by the absolute command. The sunshine in his smile and the melancholy in his tears. The thoughtfulness and the carelessness.

If you'd be an ice cream flavour, I'd say you're blueberry.

Why?

Because you're sweet, but you can kick ass. And purple is a pretty color on you

Prettier than yellow?

Hm.. probably not. Of everything, yellow has to be my favorite color on you.

Why?

Because in yellow, you seem to come alive. I don't know how to explain this but... you look like you're carrying all the happiness in the world when you wear it. Like you'll just open your bag and like ten thousand fireflies will burst out.

How cheesy!

Also, it makes your blushing face look even brighter. Like now.

Ugh.

I woke up to tearstained pillow covers and Sophie rummaging through my wardrobe, fussing over my lack of clothes adapted for bigger chests.

"Maybe if I had any boobs I'd consider it," I yawned, chasing the last bits of sleep by covering my eyes from the harsh sunlight.

"Can I take this?" I peeked through my fingers, shooting up from bed at the sight of the shirt.

"No!" I snatched the grey tee shirt and folded it neatly, putting it on the top shelf. I pulled out another white button up I had, which I usually wore as an additional layer over my tee shirts. "This should work."

"That was Noah's?" She asked, stripping off the clothes from yesterday and wearing the one I gave her. I nodded, lying over the crumpled bed sheets again.

I saw you wore my tee shirt to class again today.

I did, is there any problem?

No, hmm, is that a new lip balm? I like cherry. You style it really well considering it falls over you like a curtain.

Are you making fun of me? It's not my fault you're obscenely tall. And your shoulders are like, so broad.

You know most girls fall at my feet for these exact things.