12.

Chapter 12

Daniel was running late, again. It shouldn't have been surprising since he was so occupied hanging out with Finn in every second of his spare time, and Finn lived in the campus dorms. Pizza Palace's trivia nights were one of my favorite things to witness on the odd Fridays that they hosted it, and I was more than eager to engage as a spectator every time I got a chance. They often even themed their trivia nights so cosplayers would come out of hiding, so Daniel and I had made it our personal mission to dress up as the most obscure characters in the worst way possible all the time.

Today I had dressed up in a pencil skirt that I borrowed from Sophie, and pinned in several places to make it fit tightly, and a white button-up shirt that had the risque cleavage on show. It sucked that I didn't have much to show anyway, and there was only so much that push up bras would do to help. Was there a way to make the fat on my thighs travel to the fat lumps on my chest? I needed the technology for that.

Nathan had lent me the cat eye glasses one of his exes had left behind at home to complete my look. So far, Sophie and Eleanor had made about a dozen guesses, but they were all wrong.

"What do you mean you're not a rich guy's hot secretary?" Eleanor was almost offended, staring at my outfit in outrage.

"I'm not. I'll give you a hint though," I teased, "She's a smart woman."

"Well that takes out most of the TV and novel leads," Eleanor rolled her eyes, "Why couldn't you just show up as Katniss or something? It suits your frigid bitch personality."

I made a face at her.

Daniel entered minutes later, followed by some of his friends from this soccer team. I breathed a sigh of relief when a certain tall player was missing.

"Hello Dr. Quinzel," he recognised me instantly, giving me a tight hug.

Of course he knew. I took a good look at him.

Blue tee shirt, blue hoodie, dark jeans. This was new.

"Hello Peter Johnson!" I teased, as the wings drawn on his shoes gave him away. Of course he was dressed as Percy Jackson, but from the movies. Wearing an orange tee shirt would have been too obvious.

He hit my shoulder weakly, going ahead to talk to the other girls, while Sophie and I busied ourselves talking to the other boys. The games were almost coming to a close, and Sophie was already tipsy with the beers she had been guzzling when the boys offered to take us to one of their parties.

I looked at Eleanor questioningly. She had an enthusiastic smile, "Let's go!"

As we were walking out, she whispered in my ear, "You know the seniors don't usually invite anyone without knowing they want to fuck someone?"

I rolled my eyes. While Jeff had asked me directly if I wanted to join the boys, I wasn't attracted to him in a way that encouraged me to sleep with him. Sure he was hot, tall and possessed a jaw dropping smile, but unfortunately for me, my mind was clouded with a certain Sterling boy.

Even when a week was close to passing, the effects of his almost kiss hadn't worn off just yet, and my mind was working overtime to imagine how things would have turned out differently if I had lost my self control. Not good, that's for sure. Noah was intoxicating in the worst way, and I was not willing to be addicted just yet.

"So what course are you taking?" Jeff made light conversation as we walked towards wherever this party was.

"Environmental Science," I said proudly, shoulders deflating when he rolled his eyes. We'll see who's rolling their eyes when the global temperatures rise high enough to drown his beach home somewhere on the East Coast.