34.

Chapter 34

Seeing Noah with a goofy smile, shooting pink plastic bows at me the next morning was incredibly hard, especially when my mind was moving in 250 directions and all of them ended with him on my bed. Ugh, the remnants of the dream were nothing short of trouble for me, and I was glad Noah would be away from me for most of the week.

That did not stop me from making out with him in the car, in the greenhouse and even in the locker room when I got the chance, and it wasn't like Noah was complaining. He did however, surprisingly, exhibit more self control than I did, which was a good thing because I knew that the moment we tried to take this further I would freeze up.

"You know," he mumbled against my lips, "you should come with me."

"To Seattle?" I leaned in to kiss him one last time before letting go finally. We'd been trying to let go since the past five minutes, coming back for small kisses and ended up staying for 'just one minute' till we were now both late for class. While Noah paced the room, I used my phone to fix my lipstick, cursing the red for not being transfer proof. It was all over my chin, and I made a note to avoid lipstick as much as I could if this was going to be the case around Noah.

"Yeah, it's going to be a boring weekend, honestly. It's just some relatives I have to meet with my dad."

I raised a brow, "You want me to travel with your dad?"

Noah laughed, picking up his bag, "Right, that's an awful idea. You'd eat him alive."

I didn't disagree. We entered the stream of milling students inconspicuously, parting at the end of the hallway with a kiss on the cheek. Noah had an hour's work in the lab remaining for the day, so I picked up a book to read and found a comfortable spot in the gardens. The weather was cooling and I wanted to get as much of the sun as I could before I restricted myself in closed rooms till February. Noah thought I was being very dramatic with my aversion to the cold, it was actually one of his favorite seasons. We'd settled on a bargain, if I could take him grocery shopping today, he got a free pass any one day during the winters to take me outdoors.

Noah met me again at the car park, smelling strongly of bleach.

"Ready to shop?"

"Not at all," he rolled his eyes, backing the car out of the parking lot. We were in his Mercedes today, because I'd told him I was buying the month's essentials and I needed space to put all of that in. His convertible wouldn't cut it. The Target we'd be going to wasn't too far from campus, and I was finishing typing a text to Sophie as I instructed Noah to grab a cart.

You would think he'd be physically incapable of messing that up, no?

As he pushed the cart to the left, it kept drifting to the right, frustrating him in a matter of seconds. I shook my head and picked another one with more sane wheels, heading in.

First things, cleaning supplies.

I allowed Noah to pick the right detergent between the three that I liked. Usually I just went with whatever had some kind of offer running on it. As long as it went easy on my pocket. Proudly, Noah presented a small box of blue detergent to me, satisfied with his choice.

"That would last me like a week. You need the bigger bags from down here." I grabbed the correct size while Noah sheepishly returned the small box to it's spot. Feeling bad, I picked an easier task. Toothpaste should be easy enough. River, Nathan and I used different brands, so we should be good.

Noah's eyes didn't even glance around the aisle before zeroing on the single tube packs and presenting them to me. I put two of them in the cart, pointing out that one had a 'savings' pack with two tubes at a lower price.