33.

I fussed over my lipstick one last time before heading downstairs, running late again. I had definitely offended my sleep schedule by talking to Noah all fucking night, falling asleep only when he started snoring on the other end. It was funny to see how out of touch he seemed with reality, especially when I would tell him about the bag I used in school for four years straight or the converse shoes I've been wearing for nearly six months now. As a fun exercise I'd asked him to take a trip to the grocery store with me on Tuesday, and he'd begrudgingly agreed.

"Only if you don't make fun of me," He had said.

I held back my laugh, "Of course." I had lied. It was going to be a fun experiment and I was going to leave no chance to leave him confused.

I was headed to the mall so we could shop for Halloween, even though I hated the whole idea of costumes. Halloween spirits were upon us, and I was a mere side character in Sophie's vision for the best Halloween party ever. Eleanor and I had made up, sort of, so I was not surprised to see her there, twirling her hair around her finger as she spoke to someone on the phone.

"Look our birdie has found someone," Dan had a suspicious smile on his face as he pointed at Eleanor, who swatted his smile off.

"What are we waiting for?"

"Soph's not here yet. She had to pick up some things , I think."

While we waited for Sophie to show up, we exchanged ideas of what we wanted to dress up as.

"What made you think a trash can was a good idea?" I could only stare at Dan as he came up with more ridiculous ideas.

"Why don't you have a paired costume with Finn?" Sophie suggested when she could spare a minute from her phone calls. Her party was about to throw the town in a frenzy it seemed, with all that large planning and extra-ness of it all.

"Finn's going as Tesla, so I can't pair with that." He shrugged. That was interesting. Finn could potentially pull off Tesla's look.

"Why does he want to dress up as a car?" Eleanor scrunched her face.

"Nicola Tesla babe, the genius guy." I patted her head. She wasn't too happy with it, sticking to her Tinkerbell outfit. The smaller the outfit, the better.

"What are you and Noah dressing up as?"

"Noah's out of town on Halloween, but I'm dressing up as Katniss," I had leather pants from another occasion and Emily was lending me her corset for the top. Noah said he would drop by sometime this week to give me his toy bow and arrow for me to finish the look. All I needed was a good pair of combat boots now, and since they could be used for other outfits as well, I had decided to make the purchase.

We found Dan a very Brad Mondo-esque costume, and Sophie settled on a blue dress that was perfect for what she had in mind. She wouldn't tell us what it was though. The curiosity was killing me, but I knew she would out do every expectation we would have.

We ate our fills in pizza before Dan had to leave and then it was just us girls. A salon trip was long overdue and there was no better time to do it than just before Halloween.

"I think I need to get laid," Sophie told me as she was getting her nails painted.

"I know I need to get laid," Eleanor chimed in, "but probably not as much as poor Noah."

"I don't think he's ever had blue balls for as long as Bri's making him wait," Sophie laughed, making me want to sink in my chair.

"Well, we've been dating for only like what, a month now?" I muttered, finally picking a bright red shade to pull off a fierce Katniss vibe.