twenty-five: bright white light

[tw: hanging, past abuse/drug use, this is really intense]

"Truth gonna come out, someday.
It's gonna wipe that smile right off your face,
But you can run.
You can run.
"

you can run by adam jones

All at once, everything fell into place.

Murphy's glares, his fear, all of it. She did remember Amelia. She remembered how broken the woman was. She thought about not selling to her, but she needed to eat. She hadn't in days, and Monty and Jasper were worried. So she gave the woman a few bottles of Moonshine only to learn she was dead the next morning. She remembered learning she had a son.

"Who?"

But the damage was already done. Murphy could see the tears swimming in the back of Avery's eyes. She knew she was dead, and Bellamy was too.

But instead of firing the gun, Murphy pulled it away and walked back over towards Bellamy. Bellamy had a confused look on his face, and his concern grew as he saw Avery's expression. She was afraid. Murphy walked towards him and pointed his gun.

"Back up against the wall." He said. In that moment, Bellamy knew exactly what Murphy was going to do. All that time spent tying, he thought he was going to die. It made sense, he was bigger, stronger. But it seemed Murphy didn't care about that. He wanted Avery King to hang for whatever she'd done, and was willing to sacrifice some of his own safety to do it.

Bellamy shook his head and stood his ground. Reacting quickly to his small show of rebellion, Murphy fired another shot into the wall. Avery flinched, the panic of the situation finally starting to set in.

"Do it." She told him. "It's alright." It wasn't, but Bellamy did it anyway.

After tying Bellamy to the side of the dropship and making sure the knots were tight enough, Murphy made his way back over to Avery. He smirked at her wide-eyed expression.

"Murphy," Bellamy pleaded, trying to keep his voice level. "You don't have to do this."

"Yeah, I do." Murphy said. Avery gulped as he began to untie her restraints. As soon as the ropes around her feet were completely untied and she could undo the ones around her wrists, he made his way over to the other side of the dropship to put his gun to Bellamy's head. "Try anything, he gets one in the eye."

Avery gulped and nodded. She walked over to the rope, standing beside it. Looking up at the makeshift noose was way worse than staring down the barrel of a gun. She felt helpless, like there was nothing she could do except prepare herself for her untimely demise. At least some part of her knew that if she died today, she probably deserved it.

"Put it over your head." He said. Avery closed her eyes, taking a deep, shaky breath.

"You don't have to do this." Bellamy tried again, his voice breaking as a tear rolled down his cheek. Avery shook her head at him, trying to silently communicate how she felt about him with a look. As more tears rolled down his cheeks, Avery knew he got it.

"I have a question for you, Bellamy." Murphy said, ignoring Avery's silent pleas for him to shut up. "If you could kill the man that killed your mother, would you?" Bellamy remained silent, his lips pressed together. Murphy smirked. "That's what I thought. See, you're sleeping with the woman that killed my mother. And I get to be the one to kill her. Right in front of you, too. You both get to feel what I felt." He swivelled on his feet and turned back towards Avery.