Chapter 29

Jeon Koosung is a new friend that I met one day when I went to study with my dad at his office. Turns out the Jeons are doing everything just to have a partnership with our family because we are currently on top. Koosung delivered two wine bottles to father, unfortunately dad wasn't there and he took the opportunity to befriend me.

"Don't want to show up tonight." Koosung furrowed his brows as he park his black bar at his private parking space.

"Your family is here, of course you have to."

"Yeah right. They're enough to represent the Shins." I scoffed.

"Aren't you the new CEO of the Shin company? Of course you have to be here tonight." I rolled my eyes.

"But you obviously don't want to attend too. Let's just skip tonight and eat out."

"I want to attend actually." He said.

"Why? So you can see my step sister?" I teased. He turns his head away from me. "I know you like her." I smirked.

"But I don't. Come on let's go." His face suddenly went black as he went out the car and opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

We snuck inside his garden and chilled by the fountain.

"I peeked through the window and saw a lot of guest." He chuckled. "They're probably aiming for the partnership with my family."

"For sure." I rolled my eyes. "Everyone is hungry for power."

"They have no idea that you're the most powerful among them." He chuckled.

"I don't like to brag about it but thanks."

"Why would you guys keep it private?" He asked, plucking out a small pink flower from one of the bushes.

"Dad is really secretive. He goes undercover as a janitor sometimes to know how employees treat each other, so that he knows who gets promotion for being an effective employee. Plus he doesn't like to brag about his power and wealth."

"Articles about the company rankings are coming out next week."

"I know. Everyone will know how powerful my family is. It's kinda embarrassing." He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"What's embarrassing about that?"

"I don't know. Just felt that way."

"Shin Ryujin, Jeon Koosung!" I spun around to see who it was and smiled.

"Hey Dad." Koosung high fived his father.

"What were you guys doing here? The party is inside."

"We just like it here. It's breezy." I said. The man just chuckled.

"Okay then, suit yourselves." He then went back inside.

"Wanna sneak in my room?" He smirked.

"Wouldn't it be weird?" He chuckled and dragged me to a secret entrance. I swear, every mansion here in this town has a secret entrance.

"Dude, your room is more organized than mine."

"Well your room is full of rock stuff and wires."

"They are for music." I shrugged.

"You really do like music don't you?" I nod and smiled bitterly.

"I love music."

"Too bad you have to leave your band." He sighed. He revealed that he is a fan of us and would always go to our shows.