Chapter 10

"Nice to meet you too, Euki." I shaked her hand and smiled sweetly. She seelms like a nice kid and she is smart too. No wonder my brother is friends with her.

"How about let's eat out? I know a steak house." Hyunjin enthusiastically said as we follow his lead.

"So how's college life? I bet you're doing great." She said while walking next to me. "It's really stressful but It is also fun whenever I'm with my friends."

We sat down at our table where the staff assigned us to. Hyunjin's friend kinda owns this place, his parents lets him run the place so we are like VIPs.

"Food here is great. You and your friends should eat here often, I'm sure Ryujin will like here. She likes meat." Hyunjin said, his eyes locked on the menu. "Sure. I'll ask them sometime." I noticed how Euki tensed so I decided to talk to her.

"Are here for a vacation? Or you'll really live here for a long time?" I asked taking a small bite at my steak.

"I'm here for the battle of the bands. My bandmates are on the way here too. I just got here early because I wanted time to chill before stressing out at the battle."

Battle of the bands? Ryujin didn't tell me about that, infact she didn't even call me yesterday. She was busy with Nicholas the other day so I won't be surprised if she went out with him again yesterday.

"You okay, Yeji? You seem to be outside earth for a second?" Hyunjin chuckled and pat my head. "Dude, I'm fine. I was just thinking about the battle. Angel's Euphoria might be there."

"Oh yeah, You're a hardcore fan. Would you believe if I tell you how many posters she has on her room? It's more like a hundred." Hyunjin said. "A hundred is too exaggerating bro. I only have like 23 of them."

"That is still a lot tho." Euki chuckled and wiped her lips with a table napkin. "I've heard about that band before. I watched their online live show back at May and I'm impressed. A one year band with great sales. They must have practiced a lot. I've heard about S-shin Ryujin a lot." She hesistated mentioning her name?

"True. I'm friends with them. They like to practice hard as if there's no tomorrow." I say, recalling the times Ryujin has to go practice even when she is sick. Junghyun suffered from a cold but still managed to get on set.

"Really? It's hard to be friends with band members, they say. We won't have enough time for partying and friends." She said.

"That's not entirely true. They hang out with me and my friends sometimes, we would go to the arcade and eat out." She pouted and and scarted her nape.

"We're not allowed to go to parties." She says looking down. "Why not? Teenage life isn't complete without any parties. You should join us sometime if you want. Right, Hyunjin?" He nodded and smiled.

"For sure you'll get to have fun. You're overseas! You're supposed to relax and have fun. You can come to the party me and my friends are organizing." Euki smiled, biting her lips. The way she did it was sexy and cute at the same time. It's cool.

"Speaking of party. I'm going to Minho's house for game night. Is it okay if I leave Euki with you?" I nodded. He grabbed the check and pays for the food. He smiled and winked at Euki before leaving.

"Dude what's with the wink? Do you guys have something going on? Are you dating my twin brother?" I asked her as soon as Hyunjin left.

"What? No! We are just friends." She shyly said, scratching her nape. "Besides, I like someone else."

"Really? Lucky kid. You seem like a nice kid, Euki." She smiled brightly and stood up. "Let's go. Tour me around your place, I'd like to walk around." I stood up as well and walked by her side.

"Ryujin, you hit the wrong notes again!" Bumjoon scolded and stood up from his set. "Let's take a break guys. We're tired." We followed his order and chugged my water.

I'm so tired. Nicholas took me to the skateboard park and we skated everywhere. He also took me to a roadtrip yesterday, we went on a glock 9. To be honest I had fun and I missed hanging out with him, it felt good to be hanging out with him again but I kinda felt like something's missing.

"You good, buddy?" Jiseob patted my back and look at me worriedly. "You aren't singing properly, you look like you're out of inspiration." He sighed and pat my head once. "Do you want me to call Yeji for you?" He wiggled his brows and giggled.

"What are you talking about? Why would you call Yeji?" I sighed while I took my acoustic guitar. "Maybe she could cheer you up, you know? She'll give you energy to practice."

"I don't know, Jiseob. A part of me wants to give myself a time off from Yeji. I've been feeling weird ever since we started hanging out." I strummed a few chords, trying to make a new progression for the song I've been working on.

"What kind of feeling? Maybe you like her."

"I don't really know." I took out my notebook and wrote down chords. "What if you are starting to like her?" I stopped writing and looked at him. His eyes are serious and I can tell that he is not teasing me.

"I can't tell, Jiseob. I'm confused. Nicholas is back and I'm happy." Jiseob's expression hardens.

"Do you still love him, Ryujin? That's why you're avoiding Yeji." He pouted. "My ship is sinking." He dramatically says as he cover his face, fake crying.

"I'm not avoiding her okay? Whatever! Maybe i need more time to think."

"Ryujin you should rest." Bumjoon hands me a water bottle.

"I know, I'm just stressed about the battle of the bands we are joining. A lot of good bands are there as well. I'm nervous."

"We can win that, Ryu. Or atleast get into top 3." He sat next to me on the studio couch. The rest of the band left practice a while ago, me and bumjoon stayed and composed some new songs. "But I don't think that it's the only thing bugging you right now."

"What do you mean? I'm just tired of practicing and I am worried for the battle."

"Jiseob told me a few things." I facepalmed. Of course he'll tell our leader. "You can't just leave Yeji beacause of some weird feeling, you know? You'll hurt her wondering why you wouldn't want to hang out anymore."

"I don't want to talk about it. I want to focus on our band." I took my guitar and left him inside the studio and quickly went home.

"Yeji? What are you doing here?" I heard her voice from afar. I only smiled and waited for her to come near me.

"I waited for you to come home." Her brows furrowed. "You could have just got inside my apartment, Yeji. It's cold here outside." She unlocked the door and led me inside. The warmth of her room embraced me as I smell the warm scent of her room.

"Why didn't you text me that you were coming?" I furrowed and opened my phone for her to see. "I texted you before waiting for you. Were you busy?"

"Yeah, we practiced the whole day. And I have this essay to finish." She shrugged. I can feel her awkwardness but I just shrugged it off, she really looks tired. "I can help you with your essay. You should rest, Ryu." She softly smiled but declined. She still took her pen and paper and opened her laptop.

"It's fine, Yeji. I can do this by myself, just do something else." I pouted and slumped on her couch. "Fine. I'll just sit here. Call me if you need me."

I stretched my arms and my back from writing a 3000 word essay. It wasn't that hard to be honest, but it gets me really tired. I went back to the living room to check if Yeji is still there.

"As expected, you fell asleep." I mumble to myself, seeing her peacefully sleeping on my couch. I sat down the floor and watch her sleep.

"How can you be so pretty even when you're sleeping?" I sighed. Here we go again with these weird feelings. Everytime she does something, I felt like being pulled in to her like a blackhole and I want to give in and let myself dive into the blackhole, or to run away

"How the hell can I avoid you for the mean time if you're being like this, Yeji?"

Maybe Jiseob is right. These weird feelings.

Maybe I like her.