Chapter 27

"Let's take a small break." I sat back down the metal chair as Euki pass me a bottle of water.

"How did the show go when I left?" I asked Euki.

"Even though I had a small time to practice your songs, I think I did great." She proudly smiles.

"I knew you'd do great. You'll be my replacement if I leave." Euki suddenly frowned and flicked my forehead.

"Are you planning to leave? Dude, you're lucky to still have a band." I smiled and flickered her head too.

"I said if, you weirdo." I shook my head and laughed. "Plus, I think I might really leave because I somehow wanted a normal life with Yeji." I shrugged.

"Yeah, being a celebrity is somehow suffocating that makes you want to be a normal citizen again." She agreed. "Speaking of Yeji, what did her parents say?"

"Her dad says no. But we somehow convinced her mom, she let me in their garden to speak with Yeji before her dad come back from work."

"Sucks and good at the same time. At least Mrs. Hwang changed her mind, she can help you break off the engagement."

"I have to talk to my dad too, I know he's powerful enough to take down the Kims. I know Ethan Kim, he is an arrogant jerk that would do anything to seek power, even if its illegal and unfair." I sighed.

I don't get why  people would do such stuff to get power they wanted, does that even make them happy?

"I didn't see any articles about your dad and his business company recently, Are they really that private?"

"Yep. He doesn't like to brag about the success of his business but rather keep it a secret."

"But the media knows about him having 2 private islands and his own mansion in 3 different countries. Why did you not live in a big house then if you're so rich?" She chuckled.

"I don't like living in such a big place. I rather be in my small, cozy and warm apartment." I chuckled

"I know! Mr. Hwang chose Ethan because he is powerful and rich, a Ceo of a big company. He doesn't like you because you are in a rock band and he thinks that it's no good for Yeji." Euki replied, proud of herself.

"And he doesn't support Lgbtq couples." I rolled my eyes. Euki has a point though.

What if I agree to run dad's large enterprise? But that will be too stressful to handle such big company. Good thing I am studying business but I don't think my knowledge now would fit the CEO standards, I am a rockstar who's only good at singing and entertaining people.

"Yeah that is one too." She nods and pouted.

"Do you think I can run a whole damn business?" I asked.

"There's nothing wrong if you try, Of course your dad's gonna train you." She said standing up to give water to the guys.

I stood up and went to the restrooms. Is he currently busy? I pulled my phone out of my pocket and his number.

"You look a bit happy, Yeji?" Hyunjin chuckled, eyeing me from fireplace.

"I'm happy that I finally get to talk to her." I smiled, flipping a page at the book I decided to read since I'm bored and can't text Ryujin cause she's probably busy.

"That's good." He hummed and sat by the small couch. "How is Ryujin?"

"She looks tired and lifeless but still kept me warm last night. I'm worried about the two of you, I feel like somethings off."