chapter seven.

Wesley's POV:

I woke up to her screaming. I shot upright in bed, my heart beating. Marley was next to me whimpering, "Please no! He can't be gone! Lincoln I'm so sorry!" She was sweating and shaking. I gently shook her awake, "Marley, babe. Hey it's okay, it's me Wes. It's okay." She opened her eyes, scared out of her mind. She sat up looking at me, then crumpled into my chest bawling. I pulled her onto my lap, "Hey it's okay. I'm here, it's okay." I held her, stroking her hair and rubbing her back while she let it all out. I don't know what she was dreaming about, but it must have been pretty awful.... Who was Lincoln? My mind was racing, did she have a boyfriend? Does she like someone else? I shook these thoughts out of my head and pulled Marley back to look at her face. There were tears streaming down her beautiful face, her eyes puffy and red. She was shaking uncontrollably.  I wiped the tears from her face and tucked her hair behind her ears. "Whats going on? You know can tell me..." I held her hands in mine and she took deep breaths trying to calm down. "It was a bad dream. I used to have it almost every night for two years straight. It started when my brother Lincoln........" Her voice trailed off and she started to cry again. I wrapped my arms around her, squeezing her tightly. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me if it hurts too much." I whispered into her ear. I pulled her back down onto my pillow and held her against my chest until she stopped crying. I softly sang Indigo to her, I knew she loved that song when I sang it to her on the beach the night we met. She was breathing heavily when I finished the song and I could tell she had fallen back asleep. I glanced over at the clock on my nightstand, it read 3:23. I let out a sigh and rested my chin on the top of Marley's head, eventually falling asleep.

Marley's POV:

Having Wesley's arms around me made me feel protected and safe. He was rubbing my back, whispering in my ear that everything was going to be okay. Why is he so perfect? Here I am, bawling my eyes out over some stupid nightmare and he's holding and comforting me. I felt so embarrassed he was seeing me this way. I pulled back and looked up at him. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes and wiped the tears from my cheeks, grabbing a hold of my hands. "What's going on? You know you can tell me....." I took a few deep breaths, "It was a bad dream. I used to have it almost every night for two years straight. It started when my brother Lincoln......" I couldn't finish the sentence. Tears were streaming down my face again as I thought of that day. I felt Wes' arms around me and he pulled me back onto his pillow and held me close as I cried. He started to quietly sing the song he sang for me on the beach, Indigo. Instantly the tears stopped and I closed my eyes, falling asleep to the sound of Wesley's voice.

I opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings, letting last night sink in. Instantly I felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me. I couldn't believe that actually happened, Wes probably thought I was such a baby. I looked to the other side of the bed and saw it was empty. Great. I probably scared him off. I let out a loud sigh and sat up, the door opened and Wes walked in. He was shirtless. I felt myself blush as he locked eyes with me. "Oh shit, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. How are you feeling?" He crawled across the bed to me and held my face in his warm hands. I was relieved he didn't ditch out on me last night, he obviously cared, right? I smiled at him and crawled into his lap, putting my arms around his neck giving him a hug. I pulled back so I could look at him. "I'm just fine, thanks to you. Wes thank you so much for last night. I'm sorry you had to see me like that though...." I looked down at the bed, ashamed. He put his hand under my chin, lifting my head back up. "Marley you don't have to apologize for anything." He leaned in and kissed my lips softly. I smiled as he pulled away. "My mom is making breakfast, wanna go upstairs?" My eyes widened a bit. His mom? Shit. I didn't want her to think I was a total skank for sleeping over last night. And I looked like a complete train wreck train wreck after last night. He grinned at me, "Mar, relax! I told her you had a rough night last night and slept over. She completely understands. C'mon!" He stood up, holding his hand out. I took his hand and he led me upstairs.