chapter one.

Marley's POV:

I was overwhelmed by the strong smell of coffee when I stepped off the plane into LAX. It smelled like heaven. I spotted a Starbucks and automatically made my way over before going to baggage claim to get my stuff. The bright sun glared at me as I stepped out of the airport. I slipped my sunglasses on and walked over to the little red sports car parked by the curb. An older man stepped out of the driver’s side and smiled at me. I’d forgotten how much I missed that smile. My grandpa walked over and pulled me into a giant bearhug. 

"How was the flight?" He asked as he pulled the luggage out of my hands, placing it into the trunk. "It was great. I've missed flying here every summer. It felt good to get on a plane again." I climbed into the passenger seat as he started the engine. "Well good, I'm glad. I've missed you coming out here. I know grandma is desperate to see you." I smiled as I thought about how she would react when we would get to the house. It had been a solid three years since I had been to their home in Huntington Beach. My parents company had skyrocketed, so they were always caught up with business and never had time to go visit anymore. We used to go to Huntington every summer for a few weeks. It was my favorite part of summer vacation. Mostly just because my grandparents lived right on the beach, which meant I would spend the majority of our time there surfing. I lived and breathed surfing. That was until we moved to New York for my parents work three years ago. Since then I haven't been to California or surfing. After I graduated from high school, I told my parents I was moving to California. I wanted to figure out what it was I was going to do wtih my life. I'd always considered Huntington as my second home and I wanted to go back. My grandparents agreed to let me stay with them until I found a place of my own. I think they were more excited about me coming than I was.

Before I knew it we were getting off on Exit 16. My heart started beating fast and I smiled. I was so excited to be back here. We stopped by this little Mexican restraunt to pick up some dinner to bring home. As we pulled up into the driveway, the front door swung open and my grandma came out wrapping me into a hug. It felt so good to be here, with two of the people I loved most. I knew I had made the right desicion by coming back.