chapter twenty-eight.

Wesley's POV: 

I helped get Marley into the wheel chair the nurses brought into her room. She was still too weak to walk, but the doctor's cleared her to be discharged from the hospital. They said if her memory didn't improve, to bring her back. But I was hoping that wouldn't I wouldn't have to do that. Keaton had already taken Dania home yesterday, and Drew had stayed with us. I asked him to, since I was such a nervous wreck. We wheeled Marley out into the parking lot after signing her discharge papers, and I picked her up like a child and lifted her into the backseat of the car. I climbed in the back with her, and Drew hopped into the driver's seat. She rested her head lightly on my shoulder, resting her eyes. I could tell she was exhausted. "Mar, I called your grandparents this morning and told them everything. They wanted to fly down to see you, but I told them I would take care of everything and make sure you were okay," I told her. She lifted her head and looked at me. "They trust you, that's good," she said, smiling weakly. She was still dressed in the nightgown the hospital dressed her in after her operation, but she looked cute as ever. Suddenly, a confused look washed over her face replacing the smile that was there before. "What?" I asked. "Did you call my parents, too?" I froze. Drew glanced up into the rear view mirror, shooting me a concerned look. She didn't even remember the death of her own parents.. this was not good. I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing. Hopefully she would remember soon, so I wouldn't have to break the news to her myself. I don't think I could even do it if I had to. "Wes, we got rehearsals at 5 today," Drew said, breaking the silence. "Rehearsals?" Marley perked up. I took a deep breath. As frustrating as this was, I knew it wasn't her fault. "I'll explain everything when we get home," I told her.

Marley's POV: 

The rest of the car ride was silent. I was trying to take everything in. The little information that I had received made no sense to me. Sitting in the backseat of that car staring out the window, I felt like I was in a movie. I felt like nothing was real, and that I was in a dream or something. I was praying that I'd wake up any second now and remember everything. "I'll carry you inside." I hadn't realized that I had zoned out, until I saw Wes standing outside the car door with his arms outstretched. He scooped me up in one swift motion, carried me inside, and gently laid me down on my bed. "Do you need anything? Water.. Something to eat? Anything?" he asked. He hadn't wiped this worried look off his face since I had first woken up today. "No, nurse Wesley. I'm fine. Come lay with me," I said, patting the empty spot in the bed next to me. He laid down, and I curled my body into his, resting my head on his chest. He softly stroked my back.  "I know you're exhausted," he whispered, "but I'm gonna try to explain everything to you." I nodded. He began to tell me everything, starting from the first day we met, to the X Factor, to this psycho bitch Jessica, and then the car crash. "And now we're here." I laid there, silently trying to process everything he had just told me. I didn't understand any of it, but I couldn't stand to see him still worried, so I pretended like I did. "Okay, so.. it's starting to uhm, come back to me," I lied. Wes sat up immediately, suddenly excited. "Really? Thank god, I was beginning to worry," he said. I forced a smile, wondering how long I was going to have to play this game.

Wesley's POV: 

Mar had finally dozed off after an hour or so of me explaining everything to her. Something must of triggered in her brain, because suddenly she said she was remembering things. I couldn't even explain how relieved I was. I kissed her forehead lightly, and pulled the covers over her. I left a note on her nightstand, saying I had to go to rehearsals for an hour, but I'd be back at 6:30 with dinner. I called my mom to let her know that I'd be staying at Marley's for a while to take care of her, because I promised her grandparents I would. And that was a promise I planned on keeping, no matter what.  After dropping us off earlier, Drew swung by again and picked me up on the way to rehearsals. Keaton was already in the car too, waiting with a million questions.. all of which I was too tired to answer. Rehearsals went smooth as usual. Simon tried to mentally prepare us for the next live show in two days, but he could tell I was distracted. "I understand what you're going through, but try to keep your personal life separate from your work life," he said when we finished. I agreed, but that was difficult for me. I was constantly worrying about Marley, and whether or not she was going to be okay. I know she's strong, but at times she seems so fragile. Like she could break at any moment. We grabbed takeout from a local diner on the way home, and I told Drew to drop me back off at Marley's. "Rehearsals again, tomorrow at noon," he added before I closed the door. I walked into Marley's apartment and placed the bag of food on the counter. "I can't find them." I heard her call from the kitchen. "What, babe?" I called. When I got to the kitchen, I saw her standing there, looking confused as ever. "What can't you find?" I asked. She inhaled deeply and ran her fingers through her hair. It was then that I noticed every drawer and cabinet was open. "I was looking for the scissors to cut off this stupid nightgown, because one of the ties in the back is knotted so badly I can't get it undone. So I was going to cut it off, but I can't find the stupid scissors," she said, frustrated. It was then that my heart dropped. The scissors were sitting on the counter top, right next to her. "Mar.." I walked over and grabbed the scissors, handing them to her. "Oh. Where'd you find them?" she asked, her face wrinkled. "They were sitting here. Right next to you, the whole time," I said, pointing to the counter top. She looked down at the scissors, now in her hand, slightly shaking her head. "Oh.." she muttered. Even though she pretended like everything was okay, I knew something was wrong. Something was wrong with my girlfriend.       

--hey dolls! so what do you think about the turn of events?! alexis hasn't failed to impress me with how she's taking over the story. she's so fantastic! i had the biggest writers block when it came to this story. so thanks for the millionth time girrrrrrl! leave your comments and tell her what you think & send your love (:  

alsoooooo....i'm thinking about starting a drew story? i have this idea in my head and i really wanna go with it.. what do you guys think? yes or no?  

one more thing: go check out my girl jenna's new e3 account, WritingE3--she had to create a new one, but kept her same story 'he's famous; she doesn't care' (: it is so good if you haven't read it yet!! plus, she featured me in the last chapter as a character, so i'm super stoked about it!! give her some love (: (:   love you aaaaaaall!! xoxo