chapter twenty.

Marley's POV:

I sat on the edge of my bed, fiddling my hands. Wes had been gone more than an hour, talking to Jessica and should be back any minute. I was so nervous it was unreal. I kept running through any possible scenario in my head. The baby could be his, or it couldn't. I was mostly just terrified that he would leave me for Jessica if the baby was his. I heard the front door open and my heart started to pound. A few seconds later, Wesley stepped through my door and sat next to me on the bed, not saying a word. After a few minutes if silence I turned to face him, "So........?" He sat still, staring at the white wall in front of him. He let out a deep breath, closing his eyes. "It's mine." My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach. Everything around me stopped. I shut my eyes tightly, hoping this was a bad dream and when I would open my eyes everything would be okay. But that wasn't the case; I opened my eyes and Wes was still sitting next to me on the bed, the baby was still his. He rested his elbows on his knees, shoving his hands onto his head, running his fingers angrily through his hair. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. I was in complete shock. I sat there, alongside Wesley, staring at the wall. A few minutes passed by and that's when I heard a sob escape his lips. I turned towards him and grabbed his arm, pulling it away from his face. He looked down at the floor, but I could still see the tears running down his cheeks. "Wes....." I put my arms around his neck and he rested his head on my chest and sobbed. It killed me seeing him this way. He hardly ever gets emotional about anything. "What am i supposed to do? Everyone is going to be so disappointed in me. I'm not ready to be a father, Marley." I rubbed his back gently, cooing in his ear, "Everything will be fine." Even though everything wasn't fine. I don't know how long we sat there, him crying, me trying to calm him down. I pulled him up, and scooted to the of my bed to rest on the pillows. He rested his head back on my chest and laid his arm across my waist. I mindlessly played with his hair until he fell asleep to escape from reality for a minute.

It was about 2 o'clock when I opened my eyes. I let out a deep breath and rubbed Wes' back. "Wesley, babe. Wake up." He moaned and nestled his head into the crook of my neck, leaving a few light kisses on my neck. He sat up, pulling me onto his lap. He brushed my hair behind my ears and kissed my forehead. "Sorry about earlier...." He mumbled against my skin. I pulled back slightly, "Wes. It's okay. You do not need to apologize." He slowly shook he head, "I don't know what my deal was. I was.. I am just so freaked out about this whole thing, ya know? I never thought I was going to have to see that wench again, then she shows up on my doorstep saying she's pregnant with my kid." All I did was nod my head. I didn't know what I could say at this point. He lifted my chin up with his hand, "Marley, listen to me. This will not in any way affect our relationship, okay? You're the ONLY girl I want to be with." I leaned in, kissing his lips lightly. "I know, I'm just scared. For you, for us." He nodded in understanding. "I am too, but we're in this together and we're gonna be just fine, okay?" I smiled and grabbed his hand. "Come on, you need to tell your mom."

Wesley's POV:

My mom was pretty torn up about the whole baby thing and I didn't blame her. So was I. When I met up with Jessica this morning she told me the baby really was hers. I honestly didn't believe her because the last time she was "pregnant" the kid was mine too. Turned out she wasn't even pregnant and was just trying to prevent me from breaking up with her. She's a fucking psycho. But Jessica took me to her ultrasound. The doctor showed us the little baby that was growing inside of her and we could hear the heartbeat. That’s when it hit me. I was going to be a father. But the mother wasn't with the girl I'm in love with. My life couldn't be any more screwed up right now. I was honestly so terrified to tell Marley, I knew she'd be upset about the whole thing. I mean, Jessica is a freak and will probably do anything she can to break Mar and I up. But I refuse to let that happen.

I told my mom I'd just order us some pizza so she wouldn't have to worry about making dinner. After I hung up with the pizza guy, my phone rang. "Hello?" "Hey baby. What are you doing?" Oh god, it was Jessica. "Just gonna eat some pizza with the fam. Why?" I snapped. "Sounds delicious. I'm starving, be over in five." The line went dead. "You've gotta be shitting me.." Keaton looked at me curiously. "What?" I scowled, "Apparently Jessica's on her way over." Marley's face went pale and Brooke just looked pissed off. "She's seriously coming? Why the hell are you letting her come here?" Brooke pushed me, causing me to lose my balance a little. "Brooke calm the fuck down. It's not like I invited her or anything, she just called me and stated she was coming over in five minutes." The doorbell rang. My heart started to pound. "Or right now....." I seriously couldn't believe this was happening right now. Keaton opened the door and Jessica struts through the doorway, pushing him aside and makes her way straight towards me. She smirks and grabs my waist and kisses me. I push her away immediately and wipe my lips. "What the fuck Jessica?!" She laughs. "Oh calm down, it's not like we've never done it before baby." Brooke starts to go after her, but Drew holds her back. I don't think I've ever seen Brooke so pissed before. I look over at Marley, she's sitting at the kitchen table with Keaton. He has an armed draped across her shoulders, and whispering something to her. I start to walk over towards them when the doorbell rings again. "Pizza's here!" Jessica squeals and goes to get the door. As soon as she's out of earshot I look at everyone around the room. "Can someone please get her the fuck out of here? I want her gone. Now." Drew nodded his head eagerly. "I'll go take care of it." Jessica came in a few minutes later with pizza in hand. I glared at Drew, and he shrugged his shoulders in defeat.

The rest of the night was pretty much the most awkward thing I've ever endured. Jessica excused herself when her phone rang and went to answer it in the living room. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. "I'm going to do the dishes." My mom stood up and left the dining room. Brooke stood up as well, "I'm gonna run to the bathroom." I looked over at Marley. She looked like she was going to throw up. This whole Jessica thing was definitely taking a toll on her. On all of us. I squeezed her hand tightly and leaned over to whisper in her ear, "I love you babe. Sorry about all of this."  She smiled at me and pecked my cheek. "It's okay." A few minutes later Jessica walked back in and grabbed her bag off the table. "Well it was nice seeing all you lovely people, but I've gotta jet. But I'll talk to you soon." She emphasized the 'you' and winked at me. I wanted to punch her. She made my blood boil, she's a total skank bitch. As soon as the front door closed, Brooke rushed into the dining room. "Guys! You have to see this video." She shoved her phone in front of Marley and I and hit play.

--short chapter. I'M SORRY. i've had a lot of stuff going on with my friend and school. so please forgive me ): i promise i'll have something else up tomorrow too! and i didn't actually edit this chapter, so there's probs a lot of spelling mistakes..sorry. hahahah

BUT. what do you guys think brooke is going to show marley & wes?? thoughts? 

i know i say this way too much, but you guys are seriously just my favorite people ever! i hit 30,000 reads over the weekend..yayyyyyy!!! talk to you dolls tomorrow xoxo