chapter five.

Marley's POV:

My eyes flutter open and all I see is a bright white light. Where the hell am I? My head feels like someone hit it with a frying pan and I can feel a shooting pain in my left arm and wrist. I look down to see it wrapped up and in a sling. "Oh good, you're awake. How are you feeling Marley?" I look up to see a man in white holding a clipboard, who I'm assuming is the doctor. "My head really hurts. And my arm. What happened? All I remember is walking to my car with Wes and..." 

Wes. Where was he? Was he okay? I started to panic a little bit when he walked into the room holding a cup of coffee. He looked so relieved to see me sitting there. He set the cup down and rushed over to me. He brushes my hair behind my ear and kisses my forehead. "Mar, I was so worried about you. I should have waited with you when you were picking up your keys." Oh yeah.. I dropped my keys. That's when it all came back to me. The screeching tires. The car hitting me. Wes screaming. "I'm so sorry Marley. Are you okay? How are you feeling?" I looked into his eyes and just smiled. "Wes, I'm fine. My head hurts but I'm fine. I promise." I squeezed his hand. 

The doctor told me I had a mild concussion, and that my left wrist was badly sprained, so I would have to wear the sling for the next few weeks. Which meant no surfing for a while. My heart sunk. They were going to keep me overnight to monitor me and make sure everything was okay. He finished filling out something on the clipboard, then left the room.

Wes sat on the edge of my bed, holding my hands in his. He was just looking at me with this really concerned look on his face. "Mar...I'm so sorry. I can't believe this happened. Ugh I...." I put my fingers on his lips, cutting him off. "Wesley. Really. It's fine. It's not your fault! I'm gonna be just fine. It's okay!" I gave him a reassuring smile. "Did you call my grandparents?" He nodded his head. "They should be here soon. Here.." He handed me the coffee. "I got this for you." I smiled. This kid was the best. He knew just how to make me feel better, and I'd only known him for two days. 

Right then, my grandparents came into the room. "Oh Marley hunny  are you okay?? When Wes called we came as fast as we could!" My grandma rushed over and hugged me. "I'm totally fine. Just a mild concussion, my arms pretty torn up and my wrist is sprained, so I have to wear this sling for a few weeks, but I'm fine. I promise." I gave them a weak smile. My grandpa put his arm around Wes and thanked him for keeping me safe and giving them a call. "Why don't you head home, I'm sure you've had a long day and need some sleep. Just take my car so you have a way home, then you can bring it back tomorrow. I'll give you a call after we bring Marley home so you can come over!" Wes half-smiled, "Are you sure? I can just walk home.. It's not a big deal." I could tell he felt bad taking the car, and didn't want to be a nuisance   My grandpa just laughed, "Seriously Wes, it's fine. I don't want you walking in the dark. I'll call you tomorrow." Wes took the keys, then squeezed my hand and pecked my cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, he was gone.

Wesley's POV:

I didn't want to leave Marley, but when Norm mentioned sleep I realized how tired I really was. I gratefully accepted the keys and drove home. I walked into my bedroom and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

"BRO! Why is Marley's car here? Did she sleep over? Did you guys get it onnnnn?!" I groggily opened my eyes to find Drew standing over me. I laid there for a minute remembering last nights events. Marley. I shot up and looked at the clock. It was 11:00. She was probably home by now. I grabbed my phone and saw I had a missed call from an unknown number. I'm guessing it was Norm. I was just about to call him back when Drew punch my arm. "Dude!?" I rubbed my arm and shot him a glare. "Marley's in the hospital, man." Drew's eyes widened. "What?! What happened?!" I told him everything, and he just stood there in shock. "Is she gonna be okay?" I half smiled, "Yeah, she'll be fine. She just has to wear that sling for a few weeks, which means she can't surf.... Which sucks hardcore. But she's fine and that's all that matters. I'm gonna call her grandpa back and see if she's home." Drew patted my back and left the room.

"Hello? Is this Wes?" Norm answered the phone. "Hey Norm, yeah it's me. Is Marley home yet?" "Yeah, we brought her home about an hour ago. Why don't you come on over, she's been asking about you." I hung up the phone and ran to the bathroom to shower quickly and change. I couldn't wait to see Mar, but I didn't wanna look like a total slob.

I parked the car in the driveway and knocked on the front door. Mary opened the front door and gave me a hug. "Wes, I can't thank you enough for everything yesterday. I'm so glad Marley met such a charming young man. She could really use some friends right now. Oh and just be careful of her arm, she refuses to wear the sling." She smiled brightly at me. "No problem, seriously. I really like Mar. She's a great girl!" She lead me back to Marley's bedroom and said she had some cookies in the oven for us. Score. I love cookies.

I opened the bedroom door and saw Marley sitting up in bed watching TV. She grinned when she saw me walk in. Man, she looked so good. Even with bedhead and a big t-shirt on. She was gorgeous. "Hey babe, how are you feeling?" I climbed onto the bed right next to her and wrapped my arms around her. She rested her head on my shoulder, "I feel like I'm hungover." She giggled and looked up at me. "Thanks for everything yesterday, Wes. I don't know what I'd do without you." I looked into her big hazel eyes and kissed her forehead. "I'm just glad you're okay." She laid her head back down on my shoulder and we just sat there watching the TV, cuddling. She was watching Gossip Girl, my sister was obsessed with the show, and from what I could tell, Marley was too. I chuckled at how into it she got. She scowled at me when I laughed. "Don't mock. This show is the best, okay?" She playfully punched my shoulder. 

Mary walked in with plate of cookies and a couple bottles of pills and set them on Marley's nightstand. "Do you guys need anything else? Mar, you need to take your meds in about 15 minutes. Wes, will you make sure she does?" I nodded and she left the room, closing the door quietly behind her.

"Wes, can we go for a walk or something? I'm sick of sitting in bed..." She looked at me with puppy dog eyes, so I obviously had to give in. "Yeah, lets take your meds then we can go." She clapped her hands and squealed. I laughed at her, she was acting like a little kid and I absolutely loved it. She was so damn adorable. Marley was taking her pills while I grabbed her a pair of shorts and shirt to wear out of her closet. As she started to stand up, she wobbled and started to fall forward, but I caught her by the waist. "Oh my, sorry! I guess I'm a lot dizzier than I thought.." Her hands were on my chest and we were just inches from each other, looking into each others eyes. I leaned in closer and she tilted her head upwards. Our lips crashed together, moving in perfect sync and my heart started pounding. She wrapped her arms around my neck, running her fingers through my hair. This girl was driving me wild, I've wanted to kiss her ever since I laid eyes on her. Like, really kiss her. Like this. I swiped my tongue along her bottom lip, and she opened her mouth slightly. I went in and deepened the kiss. After a few minutes, she pulled away slightly with a smile on her face. "Sorry, my head is spinning like crazy right now. I just need to breathe for a sec." She kept playing with my hair and rested her head in the crook of my neck. I pulled her in closer to me, if that was even possible and kissed the top of her head. "I've wanted to do that for so long Mar. That was great." I whispered into her ear. She looked up and me smiling and kissed my lips again. "Me too." She pulled away, grabbing the clothes I picked out for her and went to change in the bathroom. I sighed happily and fell back onto her bed grinning.

--ahh thanks guys for all the reads and votes!! let me know what you think so far!! (: xoxo