chapter thirteen.

Wesley's POV:

It was about 2:30 in the morning when Marley's phone went off. We had gotten back to the hotel and Mar, Drew, Keats and I flipped on a movie before bed. Keaton and Drew were out cold before the end credits rolled. When the movie ended, Marley and I just laid in bed, cuddled up, talking. That's when her phone started to ring. She pulled out of my arms, sitting up and reached for it. Drew wasn't super happy about being woken up, but quickly rolled over, falling back asleep. Marley wrinkled her face when she looked at her phone screen. "Who is it?" I asked. She looked concerned. "My grandma........Hello?" Why would her grandma be calling so late? I had this pit in my stomach, like I knew something was wrong. When I saw Marley's face drop, I knew that something really was wrong. "What do you mean they're gone?" Who's gone? Marley didn't speak again, she hung up the phone and dropped her hand into her lap. She just sat there, staring at the wall, not speaking. Her face was completely emotionless and I had no idea what was going on. "Mar....." I took her hands in mine, trying to get her out of this trance she was in. "Babe, talk to me. What's going on?" I cupped her face in my hands, turning her so she was looking at me, more like through me. "Marley. Babe." My mind was racing, I didn't know what had happened but someone was gone, and I was starting to get scared. Her eyes finally met mine, "My mom and dad. They're gone. Dead. In a plane crash, coming to see me...." Her voice broke and tears rushing down her face. My stomach dropped and I pulled her onto my lap, holding her tightly. Her whole body was shaking violently as she sobbed. I had no idea what to do or what to say. I couldn't say everything was going to be okay, because obviously everything wasn't okay. I just sat there holding her.

From the corner of my eye I saw Keaton sit up and look at me. I made eye contact with him, and mouthed, "Her mom and dad are gone." Keatons eyes widened and his face dropped. He made his way over to us and pulled Marley into his arms. "Marley, I love you. We're gonna get through this okay? Look at me." He pulled her back and tucked her ears behind her ears, wiping the tears from her eyes. "You're a strong girl, and you have us to help you through this." She nodded her head, smiling slightly. He pulled her back into his arms and she contintued to cry. I sat in awe of my little brother. He was so amazing, he always knew what to say. He had a way with words, that I didn't have. After a few minutes, Keaton put her back into my arms and said he was going to talk to mom. By this time, Drew was awake, but had no idea what was going on. Keaton pulled him out into the hallway as he went to find mom.

I pulled Marley back slightly so I could look at her. She didn't look like the same Marley. She looked like someone who was completely broken. Her eyes were red and puffy, she had some mascara running down her face. I kissed her forehead and pulled her off the bed. I lead her into the bathroom and lifted her up, setting her on the counter. I grabbed a wash cloth, getting it wet with cold water and dabbed it around her eyes, wiping her makeup off. "Here, the cold water will help with the swelling in the morning." She smiled softly at me. "You're so sweet to me Wes, thank you so much. For everything. You're so amazing and I don't deser...." I cut her off by kissing her lips softly and then pulled back. "Marley, you are more than amazing. You deserve the world and more, it's me that doesn't deserve you. You're absolutely incredible, and I can't believe you don't see that. You have such a huge heart, you're smart, can surf like a pro, and to top it off you're sexy as hell. I literally have no idea why you settled for me, but I'm glad you did. You mean everything to me Marley, and I hate seeing you in this much pain. It breaks my heart. I love you so much, I hope you know that. And I'm always going to be here for you. Forever." Her lips curved into a big smile, tears forming in her eyes. "Wesley... No one has ever said anything like that to me before. I love you. So much." Her arms wrapped around my neck and she squeezed me tight. I put my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me and rubbed her back. I don't know how long we sat there holding each other, but eventually Keaton poked his head in and knocked on the open door lightly. We pulled apart slightly and a few seconds later my mom came running in pulling Marley into a hug. Marley wrapped her arms around my mom and they both just stood there, crying. Keaton and I snuck out to sit on the bed, giving them some space.

Marley's POV:

The ride home was long and quiet. I mostly just slept on Wesley's lap the entire time. I was completely drained from last night, I think everyone was. No one wanted to go back to sleep and leave me alone, especially Wes. So everyone came into our room and we watched movies until eventually everyone had fallen asleep except for Wes and I. We stayed up all night talking; I was telling him stories and memories with my parents, crying on and off. It felt good though to talk about it, and Wes knew that. He was being so good to me, I literally have no idea what I would have done without him last night. Well all of them actually. They were all so great, they treated me like family. And that's what I thought of them as- my family.

--hopefully the wait didn't kill you guys (; hope you liked it!! I'll try to update tomorrow again! thanks for all the love, you guys are awesome!! xoxo