chapter twenty-seven.

Wesley’s POV:

I paced back and forth across the waiting room, constantly staring at the door, waiting for an update from the nurse who was in the operating room with Marley. My brain was racing in a hundred different directions at once. Was she okay? What was wrong with her? The doctors had said that she was fine, and now this? What were they even doing to her?

“Dude, relax.” I stopped pacing and turned to look at Drew, who was hunched over in a chair twiddling his thumbs. “How can I relax? I don’t even know what’s going on in that room right now. They’re probably cutting her open and stuff,” I said angrily. “I know, I know. Just.. stop pacing like that. You’re making everyone else nervous,” Drew said, patting the seat next to him. I sat down reluctantly, still staring at the door. Finally, I saw a woman dressed in hospital scrubs push through the door. I immediately stood up and walked toward her.

“Are you here for Marley Miles?” I nodded, my heart racing as I impatiently waited for her to give me an update. “Well, she had some internal bleeding in her brain, which is what caused her to have a seizure,” she said. Drew was now standing next to me, listening intently. The nurse’s face showed no emotion; I couldn’t tell if what she had just told us was good news or bad news. “So, what does that mean? Is she going to be okay?” I asked. “Luckily, it was a small bleed, and we caught it in time. She’ll be just fine. She’ll probably wake up from her anesthesia in the next couple of hours,” she said before turning away and walking back out the door she came through. I let out a sigh of relief, and when I did I realized I hadn’t been breathing for that past minute. “That’s good news,” Drew said, patting my back. I silently thanked God before asking one of the women at the front desk where I could find Marley.

Marley's POV: 

I could hear faint voices mumbling, but it was fuzzy. Everything was fuzzy. My eyelids felt like they weighed one hundred pounds, and it took every ounce of energy I had at that moment to open them. What was wrong with me? The ceiling lights were harsh and I immediately squinted. I quickly scanned the room, and I noticed a couple strangers standing around my bed. I also noticed Wesley sitting in the same chair he was before, next to my hospital bed. He hadn't realized I had woken up yet. I gave his hand a slight squeeze, and he immediately turned to look at me. When he saw that I was awake, a huge grin spread across his face. "Mar, thank god your finally awake," he said, getting up to sit on the edge of the bed next to me. "How long was I asleep for? Was it that long?" I asked weakly. Wes bunched his face together as he cocked his head to the side. "Do you not remember waking me up in the middle of the night?" he asked. I thought for a minute, but I couldn't remember anything. "I have no idea what you're talking about," I said. Just then the doctor walked through the door, holding a large clipboard with some papers on it. "I heard that somebody has finally woken up," he said, smiling. I nodded and Wesley immediately stood up, taking a step toward the doctor. "Is it normal for her to not remember anything?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. He was always worrying about me.. always. The doctor looked down at his clipboard for a moment before speaking again. "Well, yes. She did experience a great deal of trauma from the car crash, and we did just operate on her brain, so she'll probably be foggy for a little bit," he told us. I was confused, and started to panic a little bit. I had no idea what anyone was talking about. 

Wesley's POV:

I looked over at Marley, who looked confused. She sat up slightly, but she looked uncomfortable. Finally she spoke up. "Uhm.. What car crash are you talking about?" The whole room grew quiet, and everyone just stared at her. "Babe, you know.. You and Dania were in a bad accident when Jessica was trying to hurt you, remember?" I asked her. She stared at me blankly before furrowing her eyebrows. "Who's Jessica?" I looked at the doctor, hoping for a better explanation. He could tell I was concerned, so he pulled me aside right outside the room. "The area of her brain we operated on is the part that retains memory. It's a sensitive area, but we perform this procedure all the time, and it always goes smoothly. This shouldn't be a big issue, but if it continues for more than a couple hours, it could be," he said. I didn't understand half of what he had just told me. "What do you mean, it could be?" I asked, hoping he wasn't going to say anything bad. "Well, there could potentially be more damage than we thought. But that's worst case scenario," he replied. I stood there after he walked away, trying to convince myself that everything would be okay, and Marley would be back to normal soon. I went back in to see her, and she had the same confused look on her face. She motioned for me to sit next to her on the bed as soon as she saw me. She grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled my ear close to her mouth. "Who are they?" she whispered, pointing her finger to the corner of the room. I followed her finger, and my heart sank when I saw who she was pointing at. "That's Drew and Keaton. Mar, you know them," I told her. She looked up at me worriedly. "Oh... Okay. Right." I could tell she had no idea what I was talking about. How could she remember me, but not Drew or Keaton? What if her memory didn't come back? 

Marley's POV: 

 I was trying. Trying so hard to remember who these people talking to me were, and why I was even in the hospital. The only person I recognized was Wes. Thank God he showed up for me. The boy with the shaggy blonde hair kept saying how happy he was that I finally woke up, and that he couldn't wait til I could get out of this stupid hospital bed. The shorter one with longer hair kept walking in and out of the room, I'm guessing to go check on his girlfriend, who apparently was in the car crash that I don't remember as well. But she was in a lot better shape than me. The blonde one, whose name I learned was Drew, walked over to Wes and grabbed his arm. "I called Simon, and let him know that we'd be late for rehearsals and that we needed to reschedule," he told him. "Rehearsals? For what?" I asked, even more confused than before. They both exchanged a glance before looking at me. Well, it was more like they were staring at me in disbelief. "You know, our band.. For the X Factor.." Drew said slowly. "Yeah, the TV show, I'm not stupid," I said, annoyed. "Thank god you remember that, at least," Wesley said. I turned my attention back to Wes, "So are you guys going to like, audition or something?"

--so far i think alexis is doing a FANTASTIC job. pleeease leave a comment and let her know what you think! i know she'd love it.

thanks dolls. xoxo