chapter twenty-six.

--my little note is going to be at the beginning this time instead of the end (;

alriiiiiiiight! here's the update you've all been waiting for! specially written by my dearest girl alexis, (emblem_3) the winner of my contest!! she's gonna help me finish up this story--she's a spectacular writer. idk what i'd do without her at this point, cause my life is so hectic & have no time to update! (which sucks super bad) buuuut. i know she's gonna do an awesome job with it! she's been a fan since day one & a huge supporter of the story (: she's gonna send me her chapter updates whenever she had them ready, i'll edit them/approve & then post for you guys! 

i'd also like to thank all those who entered the contest, you guys are awesome!!! 

and also, thanks to those who have been my support system for the story! if it weren't for all of you who read it, i definitely wouldn't have come this far! love you alllllll.

without further adooooooo......chapter twenty six.

xoxo.

Marley's POV:

We sat in the stuffy hospital room in silence, trying to process the information we were just given. The fact that Jessica wouldn't be interfering with my relationship with Wesley, let alone my life, was such a relief. But being happy about someone's death was wrong.. Morally wrong; even though she was cruel and threatened my life. I didn't even know how to react or what feelings to feel. And I knew everyone else was having the same issue. "Is there someone I should call?" We all glanced up at the doctor who had been waiting patiently for a response since delivering the news of Jessica's death. Still, none of us knew what to say. "Parents, grandparents.. Someone?" the doctor pressed. "Uhm, yeah. I have her mom's number from a while ago. She lives out of state, but you should call her," Wes said quietly as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and quickly scrolled through his contacts before giving the number to the doctor. He nodded solemnly and told us he would be back to check on us in a little. "I'm sorry for your loss," the doctor said before letting the door close behind him.  Almost simultaneously, we all let out a deep sigh of relief. "Dude, I can't believe she's actually gone. Like, forever," Drew whispered. "You don't have to whisper, you know.. It's just us," Keaton said jokingly. Everyone laughed quietly, but it was awkward. There was this weird tension in the room; I couldn't describe it. I glanced over at Wes, who hadn't said much. He was staring at the ground. "Hey," I said softly, giving his forearm a gentle squeeze. He snapped out of whatever zone he had been in and glanced up at me. "I wished her dead."

Wesley's POV:

Marley just stared at me. I watched her face as she frantically thought of something to say. "Wes, we all did at some point. She was out to get me. She held a gun to my side," she said reassuringly. My chest felt heavy. I had to say it, even though it didn't make me feel any better. "I wished her dead, out loud, to The Lord, several times. More than I should have. When I walked into this room and saw you on this bed that was the first thing I thought. And now she is..." I trailed off before finding a spot to stare at on the ground again. "Wes, you didn't cause this. You are in no way responsible for this. Wesley, look at me." Marley's grip on my arm grew tighter, and I met her eyes with mine. "This was not your doing," she said sternly. I took a deep breath, in and out. "She's right, ya know," Dania said weakly. I nodded and looked back at Marley, who still looked concerned. "I know," I said, forcing a smile. I reached up to brush a loose strand of hair from her cheek with my thumb. Even when she was all pale faced, battered, and bruised, she was still beautiful. "I'm gonna go call Maria and let her know everything's okay," Drew said. "Don't die before I get back," he added before shutting the door. Marley giggled that cute laugh of hers, and I couldn't help but thank God that she was alright and not too badly injured.   

Marley's POV:

The nurses came back to check on us since we'd be staying the night. "Do you want any extra pillows or blankets?" one of the nurses asked, motioning toward Wes and Keaton. "No, they aren't-"  "Yes, thanks," Wes butted in.  "No, you aren't staying here. You have rehearsals in the morning, you need a good night's sleep. I'll be fine. Go home," I said, much bossier than I had meant to be. "No." I looked at Wesley to see if he was joking, but his face remained serious. He sat on the edge of the hospital bed. "I would sleep much better here next to you than I would at home, worrying about you the entire time," he said. "Drew will pick us up on the way to rehearsals in the morning."  The boys had went down to the cafeteria to get us some dinner. The hospital food wasn't the least bit appetizing, but I hadn't been expecting anything more. I barely picked at my pasta salad before pushing it away. "What's wrong? Is it not good? Do you want something else?" Wes asked worriedly, nudging the plastic fork toward me. The last thing I wanted was for him to worry about me. Not only was the food terrible, but I was extremely nauseous and had a pounding headache. And complaining would do no good; I knew the nurses would just hand me some extra strength Advil or something. "I'm fine, just tired," I said, resting my head against the stiff pillow. Wes was not convinced. "Look, the nurses just said my vitals were stable and I was fine, so I'm fine. We both need rest, just relax," I said as convincingly as I could. He sat back in his chair after grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers.  I closed my eyes, praying for the stabbing pain in my head to go away when I opened them again.  

Wesley's POV:

After Marley had drifted off to sleep, my eyelids grew heavy. It had been a hell of a long day. Part of me wanted to sleep so badly, but part of me was nervous to fall asleep for fear of Marley's safety. I knew the nurses said she was okay, but she didn't look okay. And I knew I needed to stop worrying so much, but it was hard not to. I was finally able to shut my brain off after a while and fell asleep. Later in the night, I was subconsciously awoken by an annoying beeping sound. It started off at a quiet, steady pace, but it soon grew louder and quicker. I felt a tug on my hand, and I groggily opened my eyes to see Marley.. But it didn't look like Marley. Her eyes were bloodshot, her face was pale white, and her forehead was damp with sweat. She was trembling. "I don't feel good," she said quietly, her voice shaking. "Mar.." Suddenly her eyes rolled back in her head and her entire body was violently shaking. The beeping I heard earlier was much louder and faster now, and I realized that it was her heart monitor. "Mar?! Marley? Mar, answer me.. Come on." She wouldn't respond to anything I was saying, and I couldn't even see the color in her eyes anymore. Keaton and Dania were awake by now, and were frantically calling for help when they realized what was going on. I pushed the emergency button above the bed to page in any doctors and nurses, and they arrived shortly after. I didn't know what was happening. I wanted to help her, but I couldn't. I was terrified. She looked like she was in so much pain.. I felt completely helpless. "Help her, please! Please, is she going to be okay?" I asked frantically. But no one gave me an answer. Nurses and doctors huddled around her bed, speaking some medical language I didn't understand. "Her BP is dropping dangerously low." "Her heart rate is 180/60." The doctor finally spoke above everyone, making an executive decision. "We need to get her to an OR," he announced. They began wheeling her out of the room. I grabbed one of the nurses sleeves, much harder than I meant to. She stopped and stared at me. "What's an OR?" I asked, worried out of my mind. I had no idea what was going on. She looked up at me, as if I should've known the answer to that question. "Operating room."