Chapter 44- Ultimate Despair

"That's what family's for after all!"

"A part of you is disconnected."

"But... I can only think it's because who you're related to."

"He originally... wanted to murder me and you."

I felt my body shake as I remembered these words. What so many people said not too long ago that was now proven true.

But, when I heard the words come out of Junko's mouth, I stood, frozen and unmoving. I was in complete and utter shock from what came out of Junko's mouth and how she was smiling widely towards me.

"Wh-What...?" Was all I could say while still in shock.

"You heard me! There was no such thing as Haiyū Henka, buuuuuuut there is an Haiyū Enoshima!" Junko repeated the words with a large smile across her face.

I shivered softly when hearing those words again. A bead of nervous sweat traveled down my face but I didn't pay any mind to it. I was too shocked to even do anything or say anything.

None of this could be true... It couldn't be true... It was just, impossible, right?

"Th-There's no way! Henka can't be your sister! She would remember something, wouldn't she?" Makoto said, his face also showing shock from this alarming news.

"Y-Yeah... I know who I am... I'm Haiyū Henka... I've always been Haiyū Henka! You can't just go around spitting lies like that out of your mouth!" I said to Junko with an angered look.

"Since when did you get the idea I was lying?" Junko asked me. "Maybe... you're the one saying lies? Creating a fake name to hide your identity so people don't know who you are really are? What you really did?"

"I... I don't know what you mean! I'm Haiyū Henka! No one else!" I practically yelled this out.

I wanted to believe this myself. I wanted to believe that I was who I thought I was. The person who was born with the name Henka and grew up with it her entire life. I was never an Enoshima! I would remember something like that anyways. Who could forget something so important to them?!

"No way! Seriously?! Blondie works with the mastermind?!" Yasuhiro asked in shock. "There's no way in hell I'm gonna believe something like that."

"Y-Yeah... There's no way that's true. If it was then... Oh my gosh... Haiyū would've been lying to us this entire time!" Aoi said with a shocked look across her face.

"Well... Maybe she really did lie to us..." Sho said as she then bursted out into a fit of laughter. "No one would expect a plot twist like that! Man, even I didn't expect that!"

I didn't know what to say to them all to believe I wasn't lying. I didn't think they would believe me after Junko said something like that and made it sound so real when it was a lie!

"Guys! You know me! I wouldn't lie about that stuff! You know I'm Haiyū Henka, right? That I'm no one else!" I said to them with a worried look across my face. "Come on guys! You gotta believe me!"

"Why should they?" Junko said calmly. "After hearing the news that you're an Enoshima, which seems like a wild accusation to make up, why would they believe it not to be true? If you weren't really an Enoshima, I wouldn't go out of my to accuse you like that of being one." She moved her hands into the rock-pose once again. "And damn! The ratings went up SUPER fast after that big secret was blown!"

"It wasn't a secret since it isn't true!" I said to her. "I'm not an Enoshima! I'd never be an Enoshima! Even if you want me to believe I am, it can't be true! It's just impossible!"