Chapter 3- Monokuma

"What the hell?!" I said this rather loud as I gazed confused and stared at the teddy bear sitting on the podium at the front of the school.

What kind of sick prank was this? I wasn't enjoying what this school found funny with this weird robotic bear that gave me the chills just looking at it.

I looked for any sign of a person that may have been controlling this bear or speaking through a microphone, but nothing showed itself in the gym.

What became even creepier was when the bear stood up on the podium. I felt myself take a step back in shock at this creepy robot. What was this?!

"I know what you're all thinking, and no, I am not a high-tech Build-A-Bear reject," The bear said in a scratchy voice, I couldn't tell who was speaking through this bear or making it move it's arms, but it creeped me out way too much. Was this some sort of dream. "I am the principle of this illustrious institution. Monokuma! Pleased to meet you!"

I then heard Hifumi's screams echo pass the gym walls as he yelled, "I had a nightmare like this once."

Hifumi had to be right. This had to be some bad dream and I would wake up in my bed soon realizing I never went to Hope's Peak Academy yet. That had to be it... Right? There was no such thing as high-tech Build-A-Bears!

"Young man, some respect if you please! Monokuma. Your principle. Yes, yes. Like nothing you've ever seen before. Uncanny. Unsettling even. Yadda-yadda... Moving right along," The bear apparently named Monokuma said. I couldn't help but pinch my arm as I tried to come to the conclusion that this was a dream. But the pinch hurt against my skin as I pinched again and again... Nothing happened though... "Now, all of you stand at attention. Give your principle your snappiest, 'Good morning!'"

I looked at everyone. Nobody could be that dumb to actually bow in front of this teddy bear. Except someone was...

"Good morning, principle, sir!" Taka's booming voice could be heard as he bows low in front of the "principle." Perhaps it was actually the principle and is controlling this stupid bear, but why not show himself?

"Please! Don't encourage it!" Toko said in a panicked voice as she looked down at Taka bowing low as if he were crazy. And I had to agree with Toko, it was crazy to bow in front of a bear that claims he's our principle. I just hoped that the principle or a faculty member would reveal themselves soon so I can feel relieved it was just a prank, but no one revealed themselves.

"Eh. That'll have to do, I suppose. Any way, welcome, bright young things to your new living quarters! Now, before you get all uppity, rest assured it's for your own good. Mustn't let the outside world dull that dazzling inner spark; we gotta keep that freshness sealed in!" Monokuma announced this to everyone in a cheery voice, I didn't know if it was making the situation better or worse.

"Hold on we-" Makoto started in a worried voice as he seemed confused about the talking teddy as much as myself.

"I don't think you expect us to cooperate," I interrupted with an angered voice as I crossed my arms.

"Oh, I think you'll cooperate quite well, sweety-cakes. I like the sass, you should keep that handy for later, missy," Monokuma said with his still cheery voice, or perhaps it was just how he sounded, either way, I didn't like it. I didn't comment or anything, but kept my arms crossed as I glared at this ridiculous bear. "So now you're probably wondering how long you'll be guests of our program. Approximately... the rest of your lives!"

I gasped in shock. Many others gasped as well. I didn't want to believe it. This was a prank. It had to be. Why would somebody lock us in here for the rest of our lives?! But, it did explain the iron plates boarding the windows, along with the passing out and everyone being confused about what was happening. Wasn't this Hope's Peak though? Why would they be locking us in when they invited us to attend? This bear better not expect us to cooperate with this one little bit. I hated the idea and I hoped this was a dream and I would wake up any minute now.