Chapter 38- Taking Apart Monokuma

A/N: This chapter is super shitty so I'm sorry in advance if it's bad TwT

I moaned softly as I tossed and turned in my sleep.

Images and flashes kept appearing in the darkness in my mind. Each one brought a new form of terror upon my body when seeing them. I didn't understand why, but each one brought a chill down my spine and a whimper from my mouth.

Each one had one certain feeling to it.

A feeling of despair.

I didn't understand why, but each image seemed to make me feel sad, or scared. Because each scene was something you'd expect to happen in some horror movie, or sad t.v show.

A pile of bodies surrounded by blood. People with blood-red eyes staring right into my soul. A girl being impaled and dying right in front of my eyes. Blood being spilt on the ground. A rainy day with people screaming around and killing anything in sight.

What was this?! The same images kept replaying in my mind over and over again like it never came to an end.

Why were people dying inside my mind? Why were bodies being piled up before me? Why was blood being spilt? What memory was inside my mind that made me see this despair-filled sight?!

Small cries and whimpers escaped my mother as I tossed and turned while in my sleep. My body was shaking softly and my eyes wouldn't open even how hard I tried.

I could feel my body and hear my cries but the images wouldn't go away. If anything, they kept coming and coming. It was as if my mind could make up more scenarios with blood and gore in an instant, yet not the answer to my math homework in fifth grade...

But, I felt completely lucky when a knock interrupted my sleep. It was loud and seemed much louder in my mind. It only took a moment before I woke up screaming.

My screams filled the entire dorm room and made my ears hurt. I covered my mouth quickly after doing that. What if someone heard me?!

But, I was relieved when I quickly realized that the rooms were completely sound-proof. No one would hear me scream even if my screams could carry out to the hall.

I sighed softly in relief and rubbed my eyes. Even during that terrifying nightmare, I didn't get any sleep at all. I was still completely exhausted and I couldn't help a yawn escape my mouth.

And when I looked back down at my pillow, I didn't know whether or not to go back to sleep. I was worried that I may have more of those terrifying dreams come back into my mind and haunt me. I didn't even know where they came from but I was scared to experience them again.

But, I heard a knock interrupt my thoughts. I perked my head up and looked over at the door.

Who would be knocking at my door at this time at night? It was around midnight by now and everyone should've been fast asleep. So, who would be awake?

Could it possibly someone wanting to kill? Someone wanting to kill and their victim was me? I didn't want to think someone else would kill, especially since we weren't given a new motive yet, but I couldn't stop denying the fact that it could happen. The fact that someone inside this building could betray everyone else and try and kill.

But maybe it wasn't a killer. Maybe it was Kyoko who wanted to talk with me without anyone else overhearing. Or perhaps Aoi still looking for comfort after Sakura's death.

Either way, I should probably answer the door just to make sure everything was okay.

I got out of my bed and made my way towards the door. I was still pretty tired and I rubbed my eyes yet again as I opened up the door, crossing my fingers that it wasn't actually a killer there.