Chapter 8- Rule Breaking Punishment

I finally felt light enter my eyelids. A small ringing sound enter my ears as I felt something hard on the back of my head.

I opened my eyes and gazed up confused as I saw a light shine down at me from a ceiling at least thirty feet above my body. I looked beside me to see Aoi hovering over me while looking down at my body. When I opened my eyes, she shines bright smile down at me.

"Finally! You're awake!" She said happily as she helped me sit up right and I looked around to find myself sitting on the bleachers inside the gym.

Everyone else was there as well. Along with Makoto who was still passed out and was laying on the bleachers as well. That's when I remembered everything... Sayaka's dead body flashed passed my eyelids as I gazed around scared hoping it was a dream but found no sign of Sayaka among everyone. She was really dead...

"I-Is Maizono really..." I could barely form the words inside my mouth as I tried to get the disgusting image of Sayaka's dead body laying against the bathroom wall with blood splattered all around her as a knife hung out of her chest. I wished it wasn't real. I wished she wasn't actually dead... But some part of me knew it... And I couldn't bare the fact that my friend was now dead.

"I-I'm afraid she is," I heard Chihiro's small voice as I gazed at her as she gave me a worried look.

I looked down at the gym floor to avoid anybody else's gaze. I couldn't believe it. One of my friends were dead. A friend I made while here. Somebody that I enjoyed the company of and in return, she gave me her friendship.

Somebody here was ruthless. They were ruthless enough to stab a knife through her heart and have her die so they can get out of here. Selfish people... They don't care who they might affect by doing this and I was going to avenge Sayaka, she would want that... I would do it for her.

"Why are we here?" I asked while trying to sound calm to hide my emotions. Hide the sadness rushing through me. The anger towards whoever did this. I always was good at deceiving people. "Somebody was murdered... Are we just going to shrug that off!" I raised my voice as I looked at everyone in the gym.

They all were going through different emotions. Sorrow. Sadness. Anger. All but one person who wanted this to happen. I couldn't tell who it was, but I'll find out who it is one way or another.

"Monokuma asked us to come here after finding the body," Celeste explained as she twirled a piece of hair between her fingers.

"It's about an announcement or somethin'," Yasuhiro said while scratching the back of his head.

I nodded silently to show I understood. I didn't want to say anything unless tears came out of my eyes on accident.

Monokuma wanted to explain something to us. That was why we were all here waiting. Makoto wasn't awake yet so I expected that it wouldn't start until Makoto was fully awake.

A few minutes passed as everyone kept silent throughout the gym while waiting for Makoto to wake up.

I spent this time glaring at everyone in the room. I tried to see if I could tell if anybody was acting suspicious. It was a hard task.

Everyone seemed sad or worried or angered. Perhaps somebody here was mimicking an other to make it seem like they are innocent through all of this. I couldn't trust anybody... Not when one of them murdered my close friend.

I couldn't believe one of us would kill a classmate and friend. Some people here didn't surprise me if they were the ones to stab the knife through Sayaka's heart. But anybody could be a suspect. Could I even trust Aoi? My closest friend here?