Chapter 41- Challenging Monokuma

I moaned softly as I felt light enter my eyelids once again.

My senses came back to me in an instant as I opened my eyes and gazed around me confused. A yawn escaped my mouth and I was even more confused when seeing where I was.

I sat up to find myself on my bed inside my dorm room. I sighed softly to myself as I realized what must've happened.

I must've fainted and someone brought me here. I never like death at all anyways.

I sighed softly to myself as I looked down at my lap realizing what happened only moments ago. What happened to Makoto and how brutally he was executed. Until he fell down to his death.

The sight of him looking straight at me still haunted my mind.

Maybe I should go meet up with the others and see how they are feeling about all this. And that was what I was about to do until I felt something warm at my side.

I looked besides me confused as I then saw someone that shocked me.

Byakuya was sitting there. His head was on his arms for cushioning as he seemed to be asleep. I tried my best not to laugh nor blush at seeing him there.

It seemed like Byakuya did care about me and stayed by my side the whole time I was out. But I could only guess that much about what happened.

And the fact that he fell asleep must've meant I was out for a long time.

But how long was that for him to just fall asleep?

I continued looking at him with a small smile curling up my lips. I noticed that something was missing from his face. His glasses. And he looked quite cute without them on in my opinion.

The smile from my face didn't wipe away. I felt slightly better from the whole ordeal earlier knowing that my boyfriend stayed by my side. I honestly wouldn't expect him to stay, knowing how he was.

But... perhaps it was better to wake him up. If I just left him here, he would probably wake up confused and startled that I left without him. And also, if I didn't wake him up, he would probably criticize me about it later on.

I tapped Byakuya's shoulder softly. And when he didn't wake up from that gentle touch, I then shook him softly, and then more forcibly until he opened his eyes.

Byakuya raised his head and looked over at me, a startled look across his face. And I just smiled softly at him.

Byakuya then cleared his throat and sat up straight as he looked over at me, he was probably trying to brush off the fact that I caught him asleep.

"You're awake... How are you feeling?" Byakuya asked me as he reached at the nightstand besides him and put his glasses back on.

I just shrugged softly. "I'm alright, I guess. Did... did Naegi really...?"

Byakuya only nodded to me softly, as if trying to save me from feeling any worse.

I sighed softly before leaning my back against the headboard of my bed.

The memory of Makoto getting executed kept coming back to me over and over again. It was as if it was still fresh in my mind. How I just stood there helplessly and watched as my friend died. And he killed someone and died right in front of my eyelids just like the other people who became blackened. I couldn't believe it actually happened. But, I tried not to cry in front of Byakuya. It would make me seem like a crybaby.

"Monokuma is a bitch..." I mumbled softly, half-saying this to myself.

"Do you need anything?" Byakuya asked.