Chapter 7- How the Killing Game Begins

I felt my eyes open up as I gazed around the room from my bed as I sighed deeply, realizing I was still stuck in this prison of a school. I didn't understand why I was still hoping when I opened my eyes I would appear back in my own bed. This was reality. Why couldn't I face that?

I sat up in my bed as I rubbed my eyes, trying to remember the events from last night, and then it came back to me. Drinking tea in the kitchen with Aoi and Sakura, the terrifying video, and Sayaka taking the knife... Wait!

I immediately rushed out of bed and quickly got dressed in my school apparel as I tightened the ribbon hanging my skirt up, tied my boots, and pulled my hair up into a quick ponytail so I could quickly rush into the cafeteria.

Ever since I saw Sayaka leave with that knife behind her back. It made me worried. Did she plan to kill someone?! Was somebody already dead and we didn't realize it? I woke up later then usual so everyone should already be in the cafeteria before me as I rushed there.

I quickly entered the cafeteria to see almost everyone here. The only two people absent were Byakuya and Sayaka.

Sayaka was missing... What if something happened to her... But what if something happened to Byakuya instead... Even though I didn't like him and his attitude very much, I didn't want anyone to die!

Die... Die... No. I'm overreacting. There's no way someone would kill another here when I wanted to trust everyone else so much.

Breath. Everything is fine. Everything is fine. I probably was more tired than I thought and saw something else behind Sayaka's back as she left. Yeah, that had to be it.

As I entered, I tried to keep a straight face when entering. I just hoped that Aoi and Sakura too noticed the knife go missing from the rack inside the kitchen last night. I just hoped I wasn't the only one worrying about Sayaka.

I quickly entered and tried to act calm when sitting at the table next to Aoi and Sakura. I felt like something happened last night. The image of Sayaka leaving the kitchen with the knife or some silver object was still on my mind as I said good morning to everyone with my best fake calm expression that seemed to deceive everyone. Everyone else seemed completely calm. They had no idea Sayaka may have planned the murder of somebody in our group. Even right now, I hoped Byakuya would enter the cafeteria so I could feel relieved that Sayaka didn't successfully do something to somebody or herself.

"This isn't everyone," Taka moaned as he looked at everyone at the table.

"Hey, yeah. Where're Togami and Maizono?" Aoi asked while looking at everyone at the table.

I sighed as I tried to stay calm. I tried to tell myself that I was overreacting and that everyone was probably completely fine. The thing that I spotted behind Sayaka was probably just a bracelet or mirror. The knife was probably already gone from the start. I didn't want to think that Sayaka would kill someone. Especially since I trusted her so much.

She wouldn't kill someone. She just wouldn't. Perhaps she took it in self defense after the motive. It put everyone on edge, even myself and I wouldn't be surprised if someone took a little precaution.

I looked towards the doorway as somebody entered and I looked up to see Byakuya enter with his arms crossed as he walked over to the usual table he sits at alone every time when entering the cafeteria.

"Dude, Maizono behind you or what? I'm starving!" Mondo asked Byakuya.

"Do I look like her keeper? I came here directly from my room, thank you very much," Byakuya said while looking away from us. Like anyone would want to hang out with him though.