Chapter 42- The Final Search

Monokuma's words ran true as everything inside the school was open. Every room or area that was locked before was now open and free for everyone to check.

I was nervous and anxious at the same time. I was nervous about what we may find inside the school. What secrets Monokuma had and what was really going on.

But, I was also anxious. Because if we won this class trial, then we could leave! That seemed to be like the best news in the world! I could leave this school and see my family again. Go back to living a normal life and continue being friends with everyone else here. No matter what.

To do that though, I had to live through the trial. So, that meant I couldn't waste any time while looking around. I had to check every place I hadn't been. See every last nook and cranny of this school and see if anything was strange or out of place.

Which meant trying to find the answer to the questions on my mind.

How did we get here? Why didn't the police come to get us once they saw us trapped here? Why are we being forced to kill each other? Who was the mastermind behind all this? I needed to find the answer to all of those questions to find out the mystery behind the school, but when it came to personal questions, I needed to find those answers to.

What was up with that bloody classroom? Why can't I remember my sisters? What are these strange visions and dreams I keep having? Why did Monokuma try killing me from the very beginning?

Who was I really...?

Those questions kept ringing through my head. I would have to see if I found anything around the school to answer all of those questions. And I also wanted to talk to Kyoko. Seeing as she seemed to know most of the answers to my question.

Everyone split up from the gym after that announcement from Monokuma. It was the only way we could find everything and get through this class trial without any problems.

And as I left the cafeteria with everyone else. I made my way towards the first place I needed to check.

The principal's office.

"Haiyū," I heard my name being called from behind me. And I turned around quickly to say who said it and saw Byakuya walk towards me. "Where are you going?"

"I'm checking the principal's office," I explained to Byakuya. "I needed to see if anything interesting was inside of there."

"Well, then allow me to aid your investigation," Byakuya said to me. "I need to check there myself anyways. Especially since we weren't allowed in there beforehand. I want to see what Monokuma is keeping secret from us."

I then smiled at Byakuya brightly. "Alright! Let's go then!"

I grabbed Byakuya's hand as I dragged him up the stairs. I didn't even care if it seemed weird for me to be holding Byakuya's hand and basically dragging him to keep up with me.

What surprised me was that Byakuya didn't tug his hand away from me.

But I didn't pay any attention to it. I just continued to drag Byakuya up and up the stairs until we came upon the fourth floor. The place where the principal's office.

I stopped walking when we came upon the door and I let go of Byakuya's hand after that. I looked back at him to see him stand up straight and reposition his glasses as he took a step forward.

"Do we even know for certain it's unlocked?" I asked Byakuya as he put his hand towards the handle of the door.

"The bear said himself. Every room inside of this school should and shall be unlocked. If the bear was lying..." Byakuya paused in his words as turned the doorknob and pushed the doors open. "Why would this room open?"