Freedom - Chapter Ninety One

I'm floating in an abyss of darkness. Well no, it's not dark, there's just not anything there. I can still see myself. There's no floor or ceiling just nothingness. Suddenly I hear singing.

Crimson stain,
Come to stay,
In the pure white snow.
Once they stay,
They leave a mark,
That can't be undone.

Crimson stain,
Come to stay,
In the pure white snow.
Once they stay,
They leave a mark,
That can't be undone.

Crimson stain,
Come to stay,
In the pure white snow.
Once they stay,
They leave a mark,
That can't be undone...

It repeats over and over until I think I'm going insane. I curled up in a ball and covered my ears, not wanting to hear the eerie song any more.

Then, it changes.

Crimson stain,
Come to stay,
In the pure white snow.
Once they stay,
They curse and scream,
Then keep you broken,
Forever.

It's Melissa's voice. Melissa's telling me something very important. Something I need to tell everyone else.

////

My eyes flash open. The sun light blinds my momentarily as I sit up. Jason was about to attack Angel, Ashes right along side him. I shakily stand up. "Stop!" I say as loud as I can muster. No one hears me. I take a deep breath. "STOP!" I yell. Everyone turns to me. I take another deep breath and try to take a step forward. I almost fall over. Ashes rushes over to support me. Slowly we walk over to the others.

"Why? Why should we stop?" Jason asks anger laced thick in his voice.

"Because why fight when you don't know what the other is fighting for?" I said my voice becoming stronger.
"What are we fighting for? To keep control? To keep everything the same? Because I think that what the bad guys normally do. What are they fighting for? Change? Freedom? Well taking control over everyone won't do it, but that's the way you have been."

"How did you know what we were fighting for?" Angel asks suspicion in her voice.

"I don't know how I knew. I just did." I shrug.
"When I was unconscious Melissa talked to me." I said continuing.

"Really? What'd she say?" Jason said listening more at Melissa's name.

"She didn't really talk she actually sang." I said sighing.

"Well then what'd she sing?" Angel said impatiently. I take a deep breath.

"Crimson stain,
Come to stay,
In the pure white snow.
Once they stay,
They leave a mark,
That can't be undone.

She just sang that over and over for a long time. I thought I was going insane."

"How do you know your not?" Angel asked.

"It changed before I woke up."

"How did it change?" Ashes said speaking up.

"Instead she sang,
Crimson stain,
Come to stay,
In the pure white snow.
Once they stay,
They curse and scream,
Then keep you broken,
Forever."

"What does it mean?" Ashes asked.

"It means that you can kill, kill people you don't know and I might not effect you but it will still leave a mark on you because you know you killed someone. The second verse I think means that you can kill people you know, maybe ever friends or past friends but it will leave you broken inside. You can never get ride of any of this."