Angel - Chapter Thirty Nine

I slip away from the others. My mothers diary in hand. I didn't want to be with them. I felt a tingle in my brain every time I even stand close. Run away. I had to leave.

I don't know what will happen to all these people. We barely know them and once they are unfrozen they won't pay attention to who saved them. They will just go back to the kingdom without a clue of the witchy was behind it. So, let those three die and no one would remember. I know I am being very mean, but I can help it. Everything was going downhill and being outright idiotic. I know that-

I held my breath as I heard voices. I quickly dash into the nearest door and close it. I put my ear to the door as I hear people's footsteps.

They stop right in front of the door. My heart quickens and I look around for a weapon. A saw a glimmer in the darkness. I squinted my eyes in the darkness and saw a sword.

I took a risk and walked away from the door. All of a sudden, the door turns to solid ice and it shatters like glass. I quickly hide in the darkness as the people come in.

"Some people reported voices. Female and Male. But, wasn't sure if he should check he smelt some blood." Said one guard as he looked around.

"Are you sure this is the place he was talking about." The second guard said.

"I don't think so. But we sent guards to the area. This place would of been surrounded. Also, there are four that are running around that we know so far. That was only two." The first guard said.

I stepped back a few and knew what they were talking about. Freedom and Jason. Did they kill people? Why? The thought faded away as I accidentally knock something to the floor. I try to grab it, but it fell to the floor. It rolled away from me and right in front of the two guards.

The second guard sent ice toward me. I let out a shriek and ducked. The wall bursted behind me. I quickly crawled away and headed toward the sword. My foot suddenly was stuck to the floor. I let out a struggled hiss as I try to go forward. Then, I remember.

I grab the book and toss it at the sword that was in display. Even a tiny pebble can make it roll off onto the ground.

The first guard send ice toward it and it collided. My heart sunk a little. My mothers diary...

The book landed on the self and made the sword roll off. I quickly reached forward and got it. I tossed it at the first guard and it stabbed him. He let out a noise and the ice melted. I quickly get up and grab the sword from his chest and stab the second guard.

I pointed to the sword toward the first guard." Tell the guards to head away from the Female and Male. Now." I say strictly. He weakly gets his communicator and says the order. Only three were heading there now.

He dropped the communicator and then froze my arm holding the sword. I let out a gasp as he got up and tackled me to the floor. I punched him hard, but he had me tight down. He started to choke me.

I let out shaky breaths as I needed oxygen. I tried to punch him, but he froze my other arm. I couldn't move it. I don't have powers of any sorts so I couldn't do anything. Suddenly, he fell to the floor dead. The ice melted away and I got usage of my arms. I shove his lifeless body away and get up.

I quickly got my mothers diary and heading back towards the three.