Melissa - Chapter one

I arrived at the Princess Academy. My parents wanted me to go to this school so I could make friends with other kingdoms and to learn how to run the kingdom. I was fine with that, but they forced it down my throat. I had no choice. The beautiful academy was welcoming in the afternoon sun. I came a couple days early to get used to the school and to unpack. I walk up to the large wooden door and the headmistress meets me at the entrance. "Welcome to the Princess Academy of Royalty." I curtsy politely.

"Thank you."

"I will be showing you to you're room. Come with me." She leads me into the large parlor and through the long corridors. She stops in front of a door with a red trim. "This is you're dorm room, you will be sharing it with another student." She opens the door and pushes me into the room. She slams the door behind me. I see my stuff put on one bed near the window. I walk over and open a suitcase. I suddenly hear a faint bark. "Cecil." I open the door and Cecil runs in with her tail wagging at 100 times per second. "You like it here Cecil? Been running around the castle?" I tease. Suddenly, my roommate walks in the door. I don't say anything though. I'm just a little nervous. I'm not used to people.