Melissa - Chapter Six

I was surprised that the school had this many people in one dorm. Though there was enough space, just seemed weird. I finally finished unpacking everything. Cecil had jumped on my bed and was biting on the end of the toy. I sat down next to her and pet her. "So, do you think I should introduce myself?" I whisper to her. She looks up with a gleam in her eye. "I'm taking that as a yes." I say nervously. "Stand next to me, come on." I get up and breath in deeply. I choose my target, someone who clearly wants to talk. That would be no one, so I go over to the girl across from me. "Hi." I say a little sheepishly. "I'm Melissa. And you are?" She didn't say anything for a moment.

"I'm Angel." She says softly. I could tell I chose wrong. I didn't mean to make her feel more uncomfortable than the situation already was. Good job, your an idiot.

"It's nice to meet you Angel." I force a smile. I felt so weird, not with him, just that I couldn't have been more mean than right then. I slump away back to my bed, where Cecil hadn't moved. "I dislike you with a strong passion sometimes." I fall onto the bed and Cecil starts licking my face. "Yea, yea, you're so sorry." I tease as I start to laugh. "Go back to your toy." She does just that. I grab my pencil and paper and start to come up with a beat. Something I can turn into a melody. Once I found it, I dove straight into the lyrics. Of course, they wouldn't be done today, I would probably change them later.