Melissa - Chapter Thirty Eight

I paced the room as I waited for them. "I couldn't go one day without my journal could I? I had to do this!"

"Calm down, everything's fine." An Angel popped up on my right shoulder.

"Great, now I'm seeing things."

"Hey, let's go find them, maybe kill some people." A little devil popped up on my left.

"Of course, because you can't have one without the other."

"Just calm down, they're fine. They can take care of themselves." The Angel cooed.

"But what if something happened?"

"Then you go find out."

"No stay here." The Angel and devil started arguing.

"ENOUGH!" I shout. They both stop. "I'm staying here, if they don't come back in 20 minutes. I'm going back to see them."

"Fine." The devil said as he disappeared. The Angel left as well.

"It's okay. I can do this." I saw a dagger slipped away in my bag. "What the?" I walked over and slipped it out. There was a note on the blade.

"This is for my daughter,
The strongest of heart, and the wisest of mind. Be wise in your use of this dagger.
From,
Dad."

"Dad?" I admired the dagger for a moment. "He wanted me to use it. And I intend to." I gripped the hilt as I swung it around. Practicing. "There isn't much to do, but it should cut deep. That's always a plus. Probably muscle deep. But definitely not bone deep." Suddenly I heard guards outside.

"Hey kid!" Jason! Freedom!