Rolling Out The Welcome Wagon

"Ho-ly shit," Luke gasped as we entered the gates of Alexandria. Connie signed something to Kelly as she looked around. Eugene, Aaron, and Laura handed off our animals and slowly turned to me. "What now?" Aaron asked.

"You're askin' me as if I run the show," I chuckled. "We take 'em somewhere where we can let 'em cool off for the moment while the council gathers. Get 'em somethin' to drink and eat.

"I'll go let Michonne know." Aaron nodded.

"I'll take 'em back to my place for now." I turned to the others and softly smiled. "If y'all will follow me, I'll take ya somewhere to let ya get off your feet for a bit."

"Michaela," I mentally groaned and slowly turned around.

"Hello, Dante." Dante is Alexandria's new doctor, one of the last few people we let inside our walls before closing up for good.

"I was hoping I'd run into you,"

"Oh, I bet ya were."

"Yeah. I mean...I know you're moving here real soon and I was thinking that I could help."

"Ya wanna help?" Dante gave a little smirk.

"That's what I said, sweetheart." Great, another fucking Negan.

"Well, ya can start by takin' a look at their friend." I walked over to Yumiko and helped her walk over to Dante. "She got hurt out there, needs looked at and maybe some antibiotics."

"Does Michonne know?"

"She will soon enough," I nodded. "Aaron went off to inform her of our new arrivals."

"Well, I just gotta ask—"

"No, ya don't. It ain't your job to ask, it's your job to do. So please, Dante, do."

"Yes, ma'am." Dante gave me anther smirk before taking Yumiko by the arm and helping her down the street.

"Will she be okay?" Magna asked.

"How long she been like this?" I asked.

"A couple of days."

"She'll be fine. If she fought this long, she'll make it. Stubbornness, the one thing that can throw an illness or injury through a loop. Now, if you'll please." Everyone slowly followed me as I led them down the street towards my house.

"E-Excuse me, miss?" Luke rushed up to my left side, causing me to flinch. "Whoa!" Luke's eyes instantly locked on my prosthetic and he backed away, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Don't scare me like that, man."

"S-Sorry...how did you lose it anyways?"

"My bedroom with a man in his fifties," I teased.

"I-I—what?"

"Jokin', Luke."

"Oh," Luke nervously chuckled.

"Now, assumin' ya didn't mean my virginity, my next best assumption would be that ya meant my arm."

"I, uh...y-yes? Maybe?"

"Well, the first story ain't nothin' special. ironically, he lost his hand, too," I quietly chuckled. "It got infected...a friend of mine cut it off."

"I-I'm sorry for your loss." I stopped for a moment. "What?"

"Nothin', just never heard anyone say 'I'm sorry for your loss' over losin' a limb...huh." I gently shrugged and resumed walking.

"A-Anyways, that wasn't the question I was gonna ask. what I meant to ask is...well, you said cool off?"