Tensions Rising

Not a lot of people had a lot to say about me taking over as leader of the Saviors, but Gregory definitely had a big problem with it. He kept saying I was gonna turn my back on everyone, lead the Saviors against us, free Negan, yadda yadda yadda, but Rick put an end to it. Maggie, to my amazement, was actually okay with the decision. I guess she thought it over and decided she'd rather it be me than Negan.

     Telling Elijah and Judith that I was leaving was hard. They cried, begged me not to go, but I explained to them that I had to. I told them that we would survive this life but only if we could unite and survive together. I told Judith that Carl wanted this for us, that seemed to calm her down a little, but Elijah was damn near hysterical. MJ reassured that I had promised to visit often; I never promised this, but I didn't mind it. I loved these two kids, so I would visit as much as possible anyways. That or invite them all over to see the place once it's rebuilt.

     While I was spending time with Elijah and Judith, Daryl took it upon himself to pack our things and load them up into a truck. We had to drive separately, unfortunately, thanks to the 'let's get all the baby stuff we need to Hilltop' idea. Rick, Daryl, and MJ loaded the truck though, they didn't want me or Maggie to strain ourselves.

     Maggie was already in her third trimester, while I'm still in my second. I envied her. I wanted this pregnancy to be over with already, but I knew I needed more time. Not only to prepare, but so Joseph and Harper could have more time in the oven... so to speak. I didn't care if I sounded stupid when I said that out loud; Joseph and Harper are my little buns. My stomach always seemed to growl with hunger for food I couldn't have. Daryl still wants to make me something to eat, but I refuse. I didn't want him to feel like he had to wait on me hand and foot, especially when I was fully capable of cooking for myself.

     When I returned to the bedroom, Daryl had my sleep clothes already laid on top of the dresser for me alongside Kindness. Curiosity ran rampant through my mind, wondering what Daryl had planned for her. I'm not gonna lie, I would miss Kindness, she gave me a sense of power... it made me understand why Negan was so partial to Lucille.

     "You takin' a shower?" Daryl asked from the bathroom doorway.

     "Do I need one?" I teased.

     "Wouldn't hurt. Them kids got ya fartin' all night."

     "Gee, I wonder who they get that from."

     "You."

     "Excuse me? I'm a woman and women don't fart, we—"

     "Poot?" Daryl smirked. "Ya said that back at the farm."

     "And it's still true."

     "When ya sound like your ass ate Chewbacca, it ain't. Ya fart, babe. Ya fart and it fuckin' stinks."

     "I will settle for anal belch, but I refuse to admit that I fart."

     "I'd rather poot." I quietly laughed and looked back over at Kindness. "What?"

     "Why haven't ya done anythin' with 'er yet?"

     "I'd say we'd deal with it later."

     "I know, I just thought ya would've done somethin' with 'er by now."

     "Not really. I've been packin' our shit since the meetin'. We'll deal with it tomorrow." I could tell the way he said 'it' that he was getting agitated that I referred to Kindness as her, it probably reminded him of Negan.

     "I'm sorry, Daryl." I mumbled. "I know it bothers you, it's just— I'm adjustin' to all of this. I just need some time."

     "Ya had time."