Marriage Counseling

"Can ya give us a moment?" Daryl asked Rick as he locked the basement door behind us.

"Everythin' alright?" Rick asked. Daryl gave Rick a nod. "Alright, well, I'll be outside checkin' on Judith if ya need me." Rick tossed Daryl a set of keys. "Lock up?" Daryl nodded once more and we watched in silence as Rick exited the jail.

"What was that about?"

"What?" I asked as he and I descended down the stairs, stopping in front of my old cell.

"He got more than what he bargained for out of ya? What's that supposed to mean?" I could feel my blood pressure rising. He didn't just ask what I think he did...did he?

"What do ya think it meant?"

"How am I supposed to know? Ya were left alone with 'em."

"Lilly was in the same room."

"Never stopped ya before." My fist instantly clenched as my brain screamed with fury.

"Are ya accusin' me of fuckin' cheatin' on ya?"

"I dunno what I'm accusin' ya of, but somethin' went down up there between the two of ya."

"Are ya fuckin' KIDDIN' ME?" I snarled. "I DIDN'T FUCKIN' CHEAT ON YA WITH BRIAN!"

"How am I supposed to know, ya don't tell me shit!"

"I DON'T TELL YA SHIT? IT'S BEEN TWO MINUTES, YOU FUCK!" I began to walk away, but decided better of it and turned back to Daryl. "I can't keep fuckin' doin' this, Daryl."

"Doin' what? Arguin' or our relationship?"

"Take your fuckin' pick! I am sick and tired of havin' to constantly have a goddamn alibi with ya! I am sick and fuckin' tired of havin' ya accuse me of shit just because I'm left alone with someone that ain't you!"

"Well, I'm sorry, but after the shit ya put me through, I thought you'd understand why I'm so uneasy!"

"UNEASY? YOU'RE ON EDGE ABOUT EVERYTHIN' ABOUT ME! IF I PASSED GAS, YOU'D WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I ATE!" The room fell silent. "I can't change my fuckin' past, but I can try to move on from it, but I can't do that when you're constantly remindin' me of my perpetual fuck ups. Ya gave me an ultimatum a long time ago, but now I'm givin' one to you. Accept me for who I am and my past, or this marriage is over!"

"Ya fuckin' serious?"

"As a walker bite!" Daryl looked over at Negan's cage and back to me.

"That's what ya want? Me to leave ya so ya can go back to him?" I couldn't stop myself even if I tried. I reached up and quickly slapped Daryl across the face, sending him a step back.

"Fuck you, Daryl."

"No," Daryl spat on the ground by my feet. "Fuck you." Daryl threw the keys to the ground, shoved past me and stormed out of the jail, slamming the door shut behind him.

"You alright?" Negan asked.

"Not now, Negan." I grumbled as I made my way towards the steps.

"Where've you been? You said you'd let me see Harper."

"I said not now!"

"What did I do, baby?"

"STOP CALLIN' ME BABY!" I roared. "I AM NOT YOUR WIFE AND I AM NOT YOUR FUCKIN' BABY!"

"Michaela—"

"Ya wanna know what my fuckin' goddamn problem is? It's you!"

"Me? The fuck did I do?"