Majority Rules

By the time I had returned to Hilltop, Jesus and the others had returned from diverting the walkers, as did the hunters. They returned with some rabbits and a few squirrels, but that's it. Not a lot to feed everyone, but we'd make due. "Hello, Belinda." Gregory smirked from the steps of the main building.

     "Look, Gregory, I don't have time for your shit today, so if you've got somethin' to say, then spit it out or I swear to God I will fuckin' cut it out!" I snapped.

     "Bad day?"

     "You could say that."

     "Or is it just your raging hormones from the spawn of Satan growing inside you?" I quickly reached for my knife at my side, but stopped when a hand grabbed my shoulder.

     "Gregory, that's enough." MJ grumbled from behind me.

     "You're seriously gonna defend her? After what she's done? She's having his kid, for Christ's sake, it will turn out just like him!"

     "It has a name, you swine!" I snarled.

     "Right, Negan Jr."

     "Joseph Isaac."

     "It doesn't matter whose baby she is carryin' or what they're named." MJ intervened. "Back the fuck off." Gregory flared at me briefly and turned back to MJ.

     "Wolves amongst sheep." Gregory mumbled before finally walking away.

     "Ignore 'em, he's just an idiot. You'd think he'd want to treat everyone nicely if he wanted to win the election so bad."

     "Election?" I asked.

     "Maggie and him are buttin' heads about who should run Hilltop, everyone agreed the best thing would be to let the people decide."

     "Wow, our first political event, and it's between a pregnant woman and a giant douche."

     "Better than a turd sandwich vs. a giant douche."

     "What?"

     "It's a South Park— ya know what, never mind. Where have ya been?"

     "Runnin' errands."

     "Such as?"

     "Gettin my clothes from the sanctuary and gettin' fitted for a prosthetic."

     "Daryl came back alone, looked pretty pissed off. He hasn't talked to anyone since comin' back, either."

     "We had an argument, but I'm gonna take care of it."

     "Good. Y'all are too good together to be fightin' like this." MJ smiled. "Oh, Elijah and Judith wanna know if you're still gonna color with 'em today."

     "Shit, I forgot." I sighed. "I've got a council meetin' today."

     "Don't worry, I'll just tell 'em ya got things to do today."

     "No, no, just tell 'em that I'm gonna be late. I'll color with 'em as soon as I can get away from the meetin'."

     "Ya sure?" I gently nodded. "Okay, but what about Daryl?"

     "I'm gonna take care of it before the meetin'." I smiled. "Relax, it may seem like I'm busy as hell right now, but I'm alway gonna make time for those kids." I went to go gently pat MJ on his shoulder, but stopped at the sight of my stump. "I swear, it's gonna take a while to get used to it bein' gone. Still feels like it's there, sometimes." I gave MJ a reassuring smile, telling him that I'd be okay, and finally walked inside.