Sensual Apologies (SMUT ALERT)

I walked to the kitchen and showed Tammy where I stored the marked bags of frozen breast milk. "This is where I keep 'er milk. She eats fruits and veggies real well, but she likes a bottle before bed and if she ain't feelin' well." I grabbed a bag and an ice pack and handed the milk to Tammy. "She's been pretty healthy since gettin' over 'er cold, but just in case, ya know?" Tammy nodded and followed me up the stairs.

"Ever think about weanin' 'er off the milk completely?" Tammy asked.

"If she's gettin' fed, why bother?"

"Well, the constant pumping has gotta be tiresome, ain't it?"

"Sometimes, but I like the bondin'," I smiled. "To be honest, she's been weanin' herself off it. She used to want a bottle four times a day; she'll quit when she's ready."

"You've got a beautiful little girl, smart, too."

"Thanks."

"I can only imagine how Joseph would've turned out." I stopped half way up the stairs and thought for a moment...how would have he turned out? Smart, most likely. Handsome, funny. Only one thing I knew for certain, if he would've lived...

"He would've been like his father, a big pain in my ass." Tammy instantly smiled and resumed following me up the stairs. When we got to my room, Daryl was sitting on the bed with Harper. We locked eyes and it was like he was shooting daggers at me, filling the room with a thick tension. "Tammy's watchin' Harper for the night."

"Mmm." Daryl grunted. I walked over to Harper and lifted her into my arms.

"Hey, baby girl," I cooed. "Wanna go stay the night with Tammy?" Harper's smile widened as she squirmed with excitement. "Can ya get 'er bag from the closet, please?" Tammy walked over to the closet and pulled out a small bag. She motioned towards the dresser, earning a nod from me, and began to pack some diapers, washcloths, and clothes. I walked over to her crib and grabbed her favorite stuffed animal, her Grimbly Gunk, and handed it to 'er. Harper gripped it tight in her hand and smiled. I kissed Harper on the head and passed her to Tammy. "Thanks again, Tammy."

"Anytime," Tammy happily smiled. "Come on, Harper, we're gonna have some fun." Once Tammy left the room, I gently shut the door behind her.

"She loves watchin' the kids, especially after she lost Ken." Daryl didn't respond, but rather just stood up and made his way over to the dresser. "What are ya doin'?" Daryl, again, didn't respond and began to grab his clothes. "Where are ya goin'?"

"I'm leavin'," Daryl grumbled.

"Daryl—"

"Don't act so upset, you're the one who made the fuckin' decision."

"I didn't make the decision, I gave ya an option, Daryl, I didn't choose shit." Daryl instantly scoffed and began to toss his clothes in a bag. "Daryl Issac Dixon, stop right now and fuckin' listen to me!" Daryl's eyebrows furrowed as he turned to me.

"And what if I don't? The way I see it, I'm gonna get yelled at regardless of what I do."

"I just want ya to sit so we can talk about this, Daryl."

"Talk about what? Ain't nothin' to talk about."

"There's plenty to talk about," I sighed. "Can we please just talk about this, Daryl?"

"What do ya want, Michaela?" I held out the ice pack to Daryl and apologetically smiled.

"To help, for starters. MJ said the handprint was the size of Texas...he wasn't wrong." Daryl didn't respond. "I'm sorry I hit ya, I never should've laid a hand on ya." Reluctantly, Daryl took the ice pack and sat on the bed, resting the ice pack against his cheek. I slowly walked over to the bed and sat beside him, Daryl didn't move. "I love you, Daryl."