2 5

Chapter 25

Zali's pov

"Y-yes hello, I'm Zali Edwards. Is uh a Mrs. Edwards here by any chance." I stutter out to the office lady seated behind the long white desk along with another lady beside her.

I feel so sorry for Harry now because I have just dragged him into this whole situation. And no one wants to be in this situation. He's probably so confused right at this moment but I have to explain later.

The lady behind the desk slowly scrolls through her computer.

The tears leak down again, "Please! I need to know!"

She looks at me again then back to her screen. The office lady beside her stands up and walks around the desk towards me.

"Are you okay honey?" She asks placing a hand onto my shoulder.

"No!"

Harry comes from behind me giving me a hug.

"It's okay Zali."

"No you don't understand!" I struggle out of Harrys grip.

"Is my my mum in there?!" I ask the lady looking her in the eyes.

"What's happening Zali?" Harry asks me. His face is worried and I can't think straight.

The lady who was standing in front of me has now taken over the other office lady's computer and is searching for herself.

She quickly hurries back around the desk and approaches me,

"Yes she is in here. She came in a bit earlier this morning."

"Yes! Can I see her? Is she okay? please you have to let me in! I know who did this to her!"

"You are family?" The lady asks referring to Harry and I.

"Yes, yes. We are family. What room?" I blurt out wanting nothing but to see my mother.

"Room 128 on the second floor." She points to the elevator across from the waiting rooms.

"Thank you!"

I grab onto Harrys hand my lungs aching from all of the running I have done today. I press the button on the elevator but turn and find the stairs.

I tug on Harry's hand and we race up the stairs almost tripping over every step.

"Zali what is happening?" Harry asks me again as we search for room 128 .

The pounding in my head blocks out everything and I can't help but continue to frantically look for the room. I spot it up ahead and run in with Harry right behind me.

I stop once I reach the inside of the blank and plain room. No other sound besides the beeping of the machines sitting beside that white and pale bed.

"Where is she!" I scream.

Harry runs outside the room calling for a nurse and quickly returning back on with a nurse.

"Where is she nurse?!" I frantically look at her waiting for her response.

"Listen honey, Mrs. Edwards arrived at the hospital unstable and with internal bleeding. We had to do something so she's in surgery now there wasn't much chance of her making it through but it was worth the shot."

"S-so she isn't going to make it." I breathe out.

The nurse pauses for a moment but replies, "I can't guarantee anything love but please don't you worry I'm sure everything will be fine."

I feel like absolutely screaming at the nurse right now. But I just nod my head as she exits the room and I walk into Harry's chest his long arms enveloping me in closer to him.

Of course the nurse was trying to make everything seem fine and to try and keep me calm about this but I know that's what almost every nurse does. I've been in this situation before and the person I was here for lost the battle. My little sister. I can't afford for another person to lose another. I don't think I have it in me for any more heartbreak. I've tried and tried to fix the broken pieces but I always end up falling back down and the pieces shattering apart even more broken than the last fall.