4

Chapter 4

___________

I just found out that I'm moving to England for god knows how long. I was shocked, yes. Shocked more than anything. I don't like hospitals. I don't like London. I don't like London hospitals. I could just jump off a cliff right into the ocean right now... with fish. And I don't like fish. The only advantage out of this whole situation is that I get to leave this shit school that I'm at. I've been to England before but I was only 7. All of mum's family is in England but she was born over here in Australia. I leave for England at the end of this week. So, I had a few days to pack my things and get ready. It's like she wants to get rid of me.

**********

(Day of flight to London)

I hug mum tightly as this will be the last time I see her in a while. A few tears slip down my cheeks onto mums t shirt but she doesn't seem to mind. The sound of a loud man's voice booms through the speakers calling for my flight. I pull out of the hug and wipe my tears away.

"I guess I have to go now." I say not wanting to go just yet.

"Yeah alright, have a good trip. And enjoy England. Have fun. And be safe." I laugh at my mums over protectiveness.

"Bye I'll call you later." I say giving her another quick hug before I leave.

"Bye" she says waving as I start to walk away.

As I'm about to walk onto the jet way I give my mum one last wave before I turn and walk down the brightly lit up hallway.

**********

I fortunately get a good seat by the window with no screaming babies near and no little kid behind me to kick my seat. I also have a spare seat next to me so I don't have some random stranger sitting next to me. I took one last look of the Sydney night sky for the last time in a while. Soon we're up in the air and I decide to get some sleep as I know I'll be needing it before we get to London.

**********

I wake up with my head resting against the hard, cold window of the plane. The sky is now lit up with a bright blue sky full of clouds. I look away from the window and stretch my arms out. I practically jump out of my seat and slap my hand over my mouth to keep in a scream. The little girl sitting besides me giggles. Holy shit she gave me a heart attack.

"Y-your funny" she says between giggles. I smile at her cuteness and she smiles back.

"Where's your mum?" I ask looking around.

"She's over there" she says pointing to a sleeping lady across the aisle.

"Oh ok" I say smiling at her.

"She told me if I annoy you and you tell me to go away I have to go back and sit with her." She pouts letting her head drop. I laugh at her actions.

"Don't worry I won't tell you to go away." It was good having someone to talk to for once, even though she was little.

"What's your name?" she asks in her little British accent.

" I'm Zali, what's your name?"

" I'm Pippa, and I'm this many years old" she says holding up four fingers. " How many years old are you?"

"I'm seventeen years old."

"Wow... your old." She says dramatically. I laugh at her comment.

"Yes, I'm old." I say.

"You talk funny" she says noticing my accent.

"That's because I'm from Australia. And are you from England?" I ask referring to her British accent. She nods her head up and down making her brown ponytail bop up and down with her head.

" How come you were in Australia?" I ask.

"We were on holidays"

"Oh, did you have fun?"

"Yes, I had heaps of fun."

"That's good"

After hours of talking and playing games with Pippa she asks me a question.

"How come you've got those scratches on your arm?" She asks so innocently pointing to the hideous cuts and scars almost covering your whole arm. The jumper sleeve must have come up while I was sleeping.

" Oh...um...I don't really want to talk about it. But could it just be a secret between you and me."

"Ok" she says placing her finger over her lips indicating she won't tell anyone.

I've become really good friends with Pippa. She has told me a lot about herself and I've told her quite a bit about me, but not mentioning mum, dad or my past. Pippa's mum woke up a while ago. I met her, her names Alice and she's very sweet. While Pippa had a sleep I had a long conversation with Alice. She lives in London with Pippa and the rest of her family. She knows about dad as well, the question suddenly just popped up and everything just spill out. She knows about how dad used to come home drunk but she doesn't know about the cuts. Thank god. Let's just hope Pippa doesn't spill like I did.

The plane is about to land and I've got Pippa on my lap looking out the window while pretending to be the pilot. As long as I've known Pippa, which isn't really long. I've learn't this kid has a wild imagination.

**********

As we're walking down the jet way I've got Pippa's tiny hand in mine and Alice on the other side of her. Once we're in the actual airport I let go of Pippa's tiny hand. I've become really close to this four year old. There's just something about her that allows you to get so close. I bend down to Pippas height to say a little goodbye.

"Will I ever see you again?" She asks with sadness in her voice.

" Well your mum has my phone number so you can call me and if I have some spare time I might be able to visit you."

"Yes!" She says jumping up and down. She jumps into my arms and gives me a big friendly hug.

"Thankyou for being my best friend." She whispers. I smile. That's the cutest thing someones ever said to me.

"Thankyou." I say pulling away and tapping her nose gently which causes her to giggle.

"Ok I better go now, I have to go find my aunt." I say

"Bye bye." Pippa says waving her hand frantically.

"Bye" I say giving her a little wave.

"If there's anything you need you can just call me ok?" Alice asks.

"Ok, thank you so much." I give her a quick hug. I step back and give them both another wave before I start walking away.

______________________________________________________________________________

:) Hey guys. I hope you like it so far, thanks for reading. Xxx

Tнє ∂αιѕу gιяℓ