8

Chapter 8

___________________________

I laugh at one of Harry's stupid jokes. I wasn't really laughing at the joke but how stupid it was. Harry was laughing at me and I was laughing at him.

I luckily escaped the conversation about moving to England and all those "personal questions".

Thankyou God for making Harry change subject. Please feed the starving kids in Africa and stop the melting polar ice caps so polar bears can live. Amen. The End.

(A:N Please excuse my unexpected outburst of randomness.)

I clutch the sides of my stomach as I start to get cramps from laughing too much. I can't even breathe. I probably look like a retarded seal. I sit back up and try my hardest to breathe normally.

"Zali" Harry says softly.

"Mhmmm"

"Do you have any siblings?" A chill runs down my spine and tears prick at my eyes just hearing the sound of that word. I've been so good lately not thinking about this now it has to come up. In front of Harry. I try my hardest to keep my tears from spilling and rushing down my cheeks but I can't. Tears stream down my face at the memories. I cover my face with my hands not wanting Harry to see me break down like this.

I'm such a worthless piece of shit. Such a fuckup. I shouldn't even be in this world. As I've been told.

" Zali, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean- I'm sorry." His arms gently wrap around me and I tense at the sudden contact.

" I'm sorry" He repeats again.

I soften and let him comfort me. He rubs circles on my back and repeats the words I'm sorry over and over again. I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. I need to stop crying now. I lift my head up and look at Harry. His eyes are worried and look guilty.

" I'm sorry" I say quietly to Harry looking at my hands which happen to be shaking.

" No it's ok it was my fault."

"No...I'm sorry. I feel so stupid. " I tuck my legs up to my chest and bury my face in my hands.

" Your not stupid." He whispers.

"Yes I am"

As I've been told.

(A:N 'As I've been told' you guys will understand that better later. ;) )

Harry's P.O.V

Jesus, I'm such an idiot. I made her cry. I like her so much and I just made her cry. Fucking stupid. But I'm so confused. There's so much I don't know about Zali like why she doesn't live with her parents, if she has siblings, why she's so convinced she's stupid. Somethings happened in her past. I just know it. But I don't wan't to ask. Well I do want to ask. I really do but I don't want to hurt her feelings.

The stupid bell rings ruining the moment with her in my arms and all. She quickly stands up and I hop up deciding to go along with it although I just want to sit here talking to her about anything and everything. She wipes away her tears and puts on a fake smile. That smile is different. There's pain behind it.

"Alright I should probably go now." she says, scooping her bag up with her hand before swinging it over her tiny shoulders.

I look at her disappointed that she has to leave. I want to get to know her better. Geez she hasn't even left yet and I'm missing her already.

"Ok. Well I'll walk you to the car park or wherever then." I suggest wanting to spend the most time with her I can.

"Yeah sure, let's go."

We have a small conversation as we make our way to the car park. The light drizzle of rain turns into heavy drops like earlier. We try to keep under shelter as much as we can until we reach the car park sheltered by the small edge of the office's roof.

I actually don't mind the wet weather. It's just relaxing. I wouldn't mind standing in the rain waiting for the storm to pass.

Vehicles' reversing out of their spots reminds me to get going before the traffic arrives to the streets but I wouldn't mind getting stuck in traffic if it meant I got to stay with Zali. Cheesy I know.

"How are you planning to get home?" I ask taking my gaze away from the lined up cars trying to get out of the school gate.

"Unfortunately I'm walking." She says with a light laugh once she finished her sentence.

"I better get going before it gets too late. See ya Harry." Damn her accent makes her so cute.

"Bye, see you tomorrow then?" She nods in return and turns to begin walking through the bucketing down rain. Wait...hold on. Shit. I'm a jerk. Fuck.

"Wait, Zali." I gently take her by her wrist and she slowly turns around with her eyes closed for a few moments.

Zali's P.O.V

Fuck. My wrists.

Harry's P.O.V

She opens her eyelids and puts on a smile.

"Yeah what is it?" She asks. I brush off her unusual actions and continue.

"Errr, did you want me to drive you. Ya know because it's raining."

"So if it wasn't raining you wouldn't give me a lift?" She says raising her eyebrows.

"No that's not what I meant. I would still drive you home. I just wanted to be nice and ask if you wanted a ride home. Even if it was sunny I would offer. I'm not that mean." I explain in what seemed one breath. She lets out a giggle and I look at her.

"Harry I was joking but you're really funny when you're worried."

"Oh" I let out a sigh of relief. "So you want me to drive you?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to be rude or anything. If you're busy don't bother."

I let out a laugh. "Now you're the cute one who's worried. But its fine I've got nothing better to do." I look at her and notice her dead straight face.

"I am not cute." She says crossing her arms over her chest. I just laugh at her and lead her to my car.

Once we reach the familiar big black car I unlock it at open up the passenger seat for Zali to hop in.

"Thanks." She says before climbing into the car. I close the door and jog quickly around to the driver's side and hop in swinging the door close and buckling up my seatbelt.

____________________________________________

hey guys please vote or comment if you enjoyed the chapter. I know I've got some reads but only a few votes. so please help me out.

p.s if some things Zali says dont make sense you will understand soon.

why did she start crying when Harry asked her about siblings?

ooooohhhhh

school holidays have finally come. well a couple of days ago actually so I should be writing heaps and getting ready to update :)

Tнє ∂αιѕу gιяℓ