25

John screamed out in anger before grabbing a large decortative vase. He sprinted up the stairs before West could comprehend what was happening. Hearing loud crashing, West hobbled back up the stairs. At the top where the closed door stood, Murphy was hitting the metal vase against the door. He screamed each time when the door fail to open.

"John." West tried to get his attention. "John!" He still wouldn't listen to her. "Murphy!" She screamed into his ear as she grabbed the vase to stop him from hitting the door again.

"What do you want?" He screamed at her. "We're trapped can't you see that? I'm trying to get us out!"

West stepped back in fear. John saw her wide eyes and shaking hands. Setting down the vase, he sighed.

"Maybe it's on a timer and closes at the same time every day." West quietly proposed. "I mean when we found it the door was shut."

John nodded as he ran his hand through his hair. West tried to keep her cool. They didn't know for sure if they were stuck. West didn't want to go insane for no reason.

Seeing that John was now fine, she started on her way back down the stairs. A gasped escaped her as John picked her up. She looked to him as he carried her down the stairs.

"You're ankle won't ever heal if you keep walking on it." He gave his short explanation.

"You're arm is still hurt, so you probably shouldn't carry me." She protested, not liking to be touched.

Murphy chuckled at he set her on a chair.

"Just say thanks, Flame."

Playfully rolling her eyes, she thanked him. John walked away, leaving her in the living room. A few moments later she heard the sound of running water. West smiled, knowing after so long she'd finally get to have a nice shower.

The girl stood from the chair and hopped on one leg around the room. The main room was the living room with openings leading to alcohol storage, and a dining room where they had found the crackers. Turning a corner she came face to face with a door.

Pushing it open, the sound of running water became a little bit easier to hear. Looking to her left she saw another door with light coming from the bottom of it. That's was where the bathroom had to be.

Looking in front of her, West saw a large bed with a creme bedding. To her right was a set of double doors. Pulling it open, West gasped at the slight. A closet lined with a variety of clothes. All of them appeared to be jeans, t-shirt's and sweats, but that was more then West could ask for.

Her hands began to push around the hangers to look through the size assortment. Seeing a tank top and sweatpants that appeared to be her size, she pulled them from the rack.

"I see you've found the clothes."

West jumped at the sudden sound. She hadn't realized the water had stopped. Turning around, she found John leaning against the doorway of the room in a new t-shirt and sweats. He had a towel in his hands he was using to dry his hair.

"Showers all yours." He said as he motioned to the bathroom.

West had to contain her excitement as she walked passed him into the room. She closed the door behind her and looked around the new room. It was still foggy from Johns shower, making it warm. To her right was the shower, to her left the mirror.

The girl leaned into the shower, turning a nob to let the water flow in. She gasped when she realized it come from a shower head built into the ceiling.

Moving from the shower, she turned to the mirror. Her hand wiped away the condensation so she could finally see herself. Her eyes widened at the sight of her face. Her burnt skin was covered in sand and blood. Her lips had cracked and skin peeled from different places on her face. All of her curly red hair was a tangled mess.