4

The group walked through the woods with Clarke leading. West stayed behind everyone as she watched Bellamy and John whisper to each other.

"What's the rush?" Bellamy asked as he got close to Clarke. "No one survives a spear to the heart."

"Jasper screamed when they moved him." Clarke said.

"If he was hit in the heart, he would have died instantly." West spoke up from behind everyone.

Clarke furrowed her eyebrows at West before speaking again, "Exactly, so we better get moving."

Bellamy grabbed Clarke's wrist, telling her they can move once she takes the bracelet off. Clarke protested. She wouldn't allow him to do so.

"Brave princess." Bellamy chuckled.

"How about you get your own nickname." Finn said as he came from the forest. "Call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke you're with me."

Finn walked passed Clarke prompting her to follow. West was forced to stay behind with the rest of the group. She walked ahead with Murphy as the two other boys walked slower behind.

As West walked, she took in the view of all the plants around her. Every few steps she would trail off to look at a bush or tree. In the distance she saw a bush with white flowers. Running ahead of the group, she hurried to the bush. Kneeling in front of it, she touch the delicate white flowers. Her smiled widened as she smelt the sweet scent from the flowers.

"You know, you don't really seem like a killer to me." Johns voice brought her back to reality. Groaning, she got up from the dirt.

"Well you do seem like a criminal to me." She sarcastically smiled.  John scoffed as the girl walked away from him.

"How is it that you killed four people?" John asked trying to get a reaction from the girl.

"Two," she whispered.

When she didn't say anything to him, John spoke once more. "Those guards most not have put up a big fight."

"What are you trying to do?" West stopped walking. Turing around she faced the boy. As they made eye contact West tried to figure out what was going through Johns mind.

"I'm just trying to figure out why a girl like you would kill. Are you just crazy?" He smirked while crossing his arms.

West readied herself to come back with a snarky response, but something behind John caught her eye. Red liquid was smeared across broken tree branches. Putting her hands on Johns shoulder she pushed him out of her way.

"Yep, definitely crazy." He announced.

"Blood." West spoke up, ignoring the boys comment. "They must have dragged Jasper this way."

By now Bellamy and Wells had caught up to John and West. Seeing the blood, Bellamy spoke up.

"How do you know it's not just an animals blood?" He asked sceptically.

"How many animals have you seen?" West questioned as she crossed her arms. "Exactly." She said when no one answered. Pushing passed the branches, West started into the forest.

"Come on!" She called once she realized no one was following her. "This is the only lead we've got."

Eventually she heard leaves crunching behind her. Looking over her shoulder she saw John then Bellamy and finally Wells.

"Wow it's almost like you guys don't trust me." West laughed, knowing well that they didn't. "It's alright. I don't trust any of you either." She laughed, going back into her habit of talking to herself.