2

West walked around the forest as other teens ran around her. The smile on her face had not faded since her feet had touched the dirt. She reveled in the feeling of the warm sun on her skin and the bright green that surrounded her instead of the gray of her prison.

Her eyes wandered around as she wondered if she would be able to find a friend amongst the other prisoners. She found Jasper walking up to Clarke and Wells as they were hunched over a map. West trotted over to the group, hoping to be reacquainted with Jasper.

"Oh cool a map," West heard Jasper say to Clarke as he walked up to her. "There a bar in this town? I'll buy you a drink."

Wells seemed to not like the joke as he pushed Jasper away. West hurried up to the two of them as Monty ran up behind Jasper. West grabbed Wells' arm, pulling it off of Japsers.

"He was making a joke calm down." She said to the boy.

His eyes widened as he looked at the girls face. Shaking off his surprise he moved his attention back to Jasper. Putting his hand back on Jaspers arm he spoke.

"Do you mind?" Wells groaned.

"Hands off of him," A voice spoke pulling the small groups attention.

A group of boy walked up to Wells. Leading the group was the boy who had spoken.

"He's with us."

"Relax," Wells said as he put his hands up. "We're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground," Another boy, Octavias brother, spoke up. "Is that not good enough for you?"

The two groups then went back and forth about if they should go to mount weather or not. West moved away from both groups towards the ship. She didn't want to be in the middle of the conversation.

"You're not listening. We all need to go." Wells said when the boy told him and Clarke to go alone.

Suddenly the boy that had been leading the group pushed Wells.

"Look at this everybody," he smirked "Chancellor of Earth."

"Think that's funny Murphy?" Wells spat.

The other boy, Murphy, was quick to kick the Wells' legs out from under him. West gasped as she watched him fall to the ground. Her feet moved her a step closer to the fight.

"No but that was." He chuckled as people around him laughed.

Clarke tried to get to her friend, but was held back by one of the boys in the group. Wells stood up and got into a fighting stance in front of Murphy. He limped as the boy taunted him. Both got ready to throw punches making West take another step forward. As Murphy raised his fist she jumped in between the two.

A few people booed while the boy in front of West looked at her with a mix of shock and curiousity.

"Kid has one leg." West spoke while she glared at the boy. "At least wait until it's a fair fight."

The boy looked at her up and down before speaking. "Who even are you?" He stood tall as he tried to intimidate her. West, not showing any fear, stood taller as well.

"No one that matters." She gave the vague response.

"She's West Nightly." Wells spoke from behind the girl. West turned around to glare at the boy.

I just saved him from a fight and this is the thanks I get!?

"You're the girl who killed your parents and two guards." Clarke gasped.