3

West was woken up by the sound of rustling. She opened her eyes to find Wells being dragged along by Bellamy. In the dark she could see a gun in Bellamys hand. Holding in her gasp, she waited for them to be out of of sight before standing.

Hurrying behind them, West followed the two
boys. Every step she took was carefully planned as to not step on any branches that would give herself away. Soon they went down a hill making it so West couldn't hear what they were saying.

She moved around and eventually found a smaller hill along the side of the large hill. Looking over the top West saw Wells speaking to Bellamy. He loaded the gun making West get ready to make herself known. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw him put it in his pocket.

In the corner of her eye she could see John creeping up on Wells. Before she could warm him Wells saw the boy. Other boys began to surround him. Scared, Wells ran up a close hill, but two more boys popped out from behind it. He screamed at they tackled him down the hill.

"Let go of him!" West yelled as she jumped out of her hiding spot.

Everyone momentarily stopped to stare at her. Soon three of the boys continued to hold Wells down while Bellamy and John moved towards the girl.

"Let him go." She said, this time more stern.

"How are you going to make us?" John jokingly asked as he moved right in front of the girl.

West didn't respond as she punched him in the nose. He fell back giving her the room she needed to get to Wells. Two boys held down Wells while the third ran towards West. She managed to push him to the ground, but was grabbed from behind.

"Why are you helping him?" Bellamy growled.

West fought the boys grip while the other two recovered. When John walked passed the girl he wiped blood from under his nose.

"I'm not helping him," She groaned while trying to remove Bellamys hands from her. "I'm helping all the innocent people on the ark. If the land is survivable they need to know."

Bellamy rolled his eyes before nodding to Murphy. Wells screamed as they pulled off his bracelet with a crowbar like contraption. Once it was off Bellamy let West go.

"What did you do?" She turned to Bellamy who had started walking away.

"What?" He asked.

"You must have done something so horrible that would make you not believe that your crimes would be forgiven."

"It doesn't matter."

"It does," West spat. "Whatever you did can't be so horrible that you'd stop the last of the human race from coming to Earth."

Bellamy turned around and hurried towards the girl. He grabbed her arm and pulled her close to intimidate her.

"I killed the Chancellor." He spat.

"Well everyone thinks that I killed four people and you don't see me ripping off peoples bracelets." West rolled her eyes as she pushed the boy away.

He seemed taken back by her statement, but brushed it off. Bellamy didn't say anything else before walking away. West scoffed before turning to Wells and the boys standing around him.

"Are you okay?" She asked moving closer to him. He stepped back while holding his wrist

"I'm fine." He said quietly.

"Watch out," Murphy laughed. "You may end up being her fifth victim."

The rest of the boys laughed while Wells' eyes filled with worry. West glared at John.