10

After waking up, West had found out the ship that was supposed to bring down the people from the ark had crashed. She had no words. She couldn't comprehend the fact that everyone on the ark was now dead. Raven had told West they were going to the crash sight to see if they could find anything useful. West wanted to go, but Clarke forced her into bed rest.

Night had fallen and the boredom of being stuck in the drop ship bothered West. Her legs swung over the table she had been laying on. She clenched her teeth as she ignored the pain. Her hand held the sore area as she walked out out the ship. Seeing Monty and Octavia at the camps wall, she made her way towards them.

"Shouldn't you still be in the ship?" Monty asked when he saw the girl. "It's going to get worse if you keep moving."

West waved her hand before looking out of the whole he had previously been gazing out of. Sitting in a tree she saw a flower. West smiled and turned to Octavia to tell her, but she was already smiling at the flower.

"Was it from him?" West asked, insinuating Lincoln.

Octavia blushed and nodded. West opened her mouth to say she was happy Octavia found someone when a rustle was heard in the bushes. Everyone that was gathered around the wall raised their guns.

"I don't see anything." A boy said.

Hearing another rustle the boy quickly shot his gun. Loud bangs ran out as he peppered the forest with bullets.

"I think I got him." He breathed.

West looked to Octavia with worry. Both girls were thinking the same thing. Lincoln. West hadn't talked to him, but from what she had seen and heard from Octavia, she knew he was a good man.

The boy who shot the gun grabbed a torch and ran out of the walls. Octavia ran behind with West hot on her tail. A few other people slowly followed behind her. Moving around a large tree West could see Octavia staring down at someone. She moved even further to see a body laying on the ground.

West crouched to the ground while Octavia whispered to her to be careful. Her hand reached out and lightly touched the shoulder of the person. They gasped making West jump back. As they scurried away from her, West saw their bloodied body covered in cuts and bruises. He held up his hands to shield himself as the people behind West gasped in surprise.

"John?" West whispered.

Seeing a familiar face, Murphy lowered his hands. West took a step forward as she examined the boy. His face was swollen and covered in cuts. A mix of dried and wet blood covered his skin.

West stood up, with a bit of struggle from her wound, and held her hand out to Murphy. He hesitated before grabbing ahold of it. She pulled him up and put his arm over her shoulder. Not being able to support his weight, West called for help.

When no one stepped forward, Octavia helped lift Murphy. The two dragged him through the forest into camp. They brought him to the drop ship before setting him on the floor. One of the boys who had been following them immediately tied Johns hands to a bar in the ship.

More people gathered into the drop ship as word spread through camp that Murphy had returned. West stood in a far corner of the ship watching the boy. He looked to be in a great deal of pain as his body slightly shook. West moved over to where she had been treated for her wound. There was a bowl of water and a scrap piece of fabric Clarke never used.

Grabbing the bowl and cloth, West pushed her way towards John. As she kneeled next to him her wound began to ache. She pushed the pain out of her mind while dipping the fabric in the water.

"What are you doing?" A boy angrily questioned. Even though some people in the camp had heard her story, some hadn't or didn't believe it. It appeared that boy was one of them as he seemed to fear she would let John go.